• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

So what EXACTLY makes for a GREAT CABANA BOY?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

I agree with ScubaStacy on the speedos... let's go for board shorts. :-D My cabana boy would have to be able to carry all of my stuff and provide me with around the clock drink service. :teeth:

:cool2:

You ladies must NOT have seen some of the nice guys I saw wearing speedos! It was enuf to take your breath away!

I guess it just depends on the man wearing them!

#47 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

Speedos are great. How can anyone deny it! Saves mental energy (imagination not required) vs shorts you can sail boats with! And speedos has helped make swimming a great spectator sport! so cabana boys should always wear speedos and of course always say "yes dear" without too much resistance or promting :cool2:
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#48 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:35 PM

I keep thinking of Agador Sparticus whenever 'Speedo' is mentioned.

As for Cabana Boy standards, don't bother. Stan will exceed any standard you set for him... ;)

Speedos are great.

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#49 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

So what exactly makes someone a GREAT "Cabana Boy"? After spending a week with a truly wonderful cabana boy my list has been refined! ;) However I think it would be of more value to compile a composite list from our members since we seem to have so many trips on SingleDivers.com where the women out number the men...hence designating the men on the trip as "Cabana Boys"!

So what makes a 'great cabana boy'???

I am already a Baby Cake, do I need to be a Cabana Boy? :birthday:
-Mitch-

#50 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

So what exactly makes someone a GREAT "Cabana Boy"? After spending a week with a truly wonderful cabana boy my list has been refined! ;) However I think it would be of more value to compile a composite list from our members since we seem to have so many trips on SingleDivers.com where the women out number the men...hence designating the men on the trip as "Cabana Boys"!

Huh??

do you strive to be a Cabana Boy, Mitch!

Bring it on BabyCakes!! :canada:

#51 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

Huh??

Bring it on BabyCakes!! :canada:

Just watch where you grab! :fish2:
-Mitch-

#52 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cert Level:Master
  • Logged Dives:1040

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

So what exactly makes someone a GREAT "Cabana Boy"? After spending a week with a truly wonderful cabana boy my list has been refined! :respect: However I think it would be of more value to compile a composite list from our members since we seem to have so many trips on SingleDivers.com where the women out number the men...hence designating the men on the trip as "Cabana Boys"!

Huh??

Bring it on BabyCakes!! :wub:

Just watch where you grab! ;)

Ahhhh, Kamela, you do make me smile!
I think the number one trait of a Cabana Boy is to,,,, know what you need before you do, and see that you get it, I mean, after all, your on vacation! Then theres a few secondary requirements, to see that you get back to your room safely after a night of dancing, when your a little wasted, lol due to "all the pressure" in your life, get tucked in, and stay warm enough, due to that thermal indeptedness of diving all week. Speak a little spanish, wear a speedo if she wants you too, have plenty of cash, be in good shape, know how to give a good massage, and be smart as a whip, across a Cheribs bare wet ass. Ahhhh, once again Kamela,,,,THANK YOU! Terry

#53 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

So what exactly makes someone a GREAT "Cabana Boy"? After spending a week with a truly wonderful cabana boy my list has been refined! :respect: However I think it would be of more value to compile a composite list from our members since we seem to have so many trips on SingleDivers.com where the women out number the men...hence designating the men on the trip as "Cabana Boys"!

Huh??

Bring it on BabyCakes!! :wub:

Just watch where you grab! ;)

anything like "having your cake and, er, eating it too"? :birthday:

#54 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

I think the number one trait of a Cabana Boy is to,,,, know what you need before you do, and see that you get it, I mean, after all, your on vacation! Then theres a few secondary requirements, to see that you get back to your room safely after a night of dancing, when your a little wasted, lol due to "all the pressure" in your life, get tucked in, and stay warm enough, due to that thermal indeptedness of diving all week. Speak a little spanish, wear a speedo if she wants you too, have plenty of cash, be in good shape, know how to give a good massage, and be smart as a whip, across a Cheribs bare wet ass. Ahhhh, once again Kamela,,,,THANK YOU! Terry

Whoa, I think you just won the prize Trinity! You sound like the perfect cabana boy to me!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

Whoa, I think you just won the prize Trinity! You sound like the perfect cabana boy to me!

Hee! Hee! I found him first! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#56 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

Trinity, I would reconsider volunteering to be the Wenchie's cabana boy if I were you. You don't know what you are getting yourself into! :birthday:
-Mitch-

#57 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

Trinity, I would reconsider volunteering to be the Wenchie's cabana boy if I were you. You don't know what you are getting yourself into! :birthday:

Thanks Mitch! Appreciate the heads up. But I'm not afraid of Kamela, (thats the second time I've said that in a thread here on SD) I'm REAL sure I could run with her, hell I can already read her mind, I look forward to her, putting me, to the test!,,,,LMAO! TRINITY

ps Mitch if I regret it, I'll buy us both a beer, THANKS Dude!

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Mitch! Appreciate the heads up. But I'm not afraid of Kamela, (thats the second time I've said that in a thread here on SD) I'm REAL sure I could run with her, hell I can already read her mind, I look forward to her, putting me, to the test!,,,,LMAO! TRINITY

Well Mitch has been on a number of trips with me before...so heeding the voice of experience may be wise. And misspelling my name brings out my EVIL TWIN...I am afterall Gemini! :respect:

...its all A's...no 'E'...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#59 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

Trinity, I would reconsider volunteering to be the Wenchie's cabana boy if I were you. You don't know what you are getting yourself into! :cool1:

Well Mitch has been on a number of trips with me before...so heeding the voice of experience may be wise. And misspelling my name brings out my EVIL TWIN...I am afterall Gemini! :thankyou:

...its all A's...no 'E'...

Sorry about that WW, I typed it while driving down the freeway, as I type this, I ALSO have an evil twin, being Gemini, I will (in type) give Mitch the benifit of experience, but I also know my own abilities, I look forward to that beer with BOTH of you! My first trip with Kamala is not that far away! THANKS,,,,,, YOU GUYS HAVE BOTH, MADE ME SMILE TODAY! TRINITY

#60 Starfish

Starfish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:open water (2003) - about 50 dives so far; only in Bahamas and Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:about 50

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

attentiveness, good attitude, anticipation of needs, are all good attributes in a cabana boy...but perhaps a speedo to dress them in??? Guess it depends on the individual... :thankyou:

Oh girl..... :birthday: I am going to have to disagree with you on that one... Speedo's just don't do it for me... they kind of 'un' do it for me! :cool1: Or better yet - you can have for your personal service any Cabana Boys wearing speedos.

I'll take mine in board shorts (Billabong is my personal fav) :birthday: or any regular not 'too-short' shorts.

Shirtless is always nice too if we're getting specific, although not a requirement - just an added perk!

Stacy

ah a woman after my own heart (onthe billabong shorts atleast)

sorry on the shirtless part as I have a some scars on my stomach i dont feel like showing off, so the reef shirt is gonna have to suffice.

Also what about a slick set of oakley sunglasses?

Being new to this group, I have to say this particular thread is VERY amusing. Be it CB or CG, it's ALL in the attitude : ).
will there be any CBs on our Roatan trip? and if so, I do I sign up for THAT? :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users