• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

So what EXACTLY makes for a GREAT CABANA BOY?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

Cabana boy learned well, and the wench was all tuckered out on the way home...

Attached Thumbnails

• aIMG_0864small.jpg

#32 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

heidi

it doesnt matter who they are, they would be fighting over to take care of you, even if they know they made you mad they would be taken out swiftly.

Awww...you are too sweet.
Do you think you can say "you look very beatiful today!" with some kind of accent?
teehee...

how about this for a try

Dutch
u kijkt vandaag zeer mooi

French
vous regardez très beau aujourd'hui

German
Sie schauen heute sehr schön

Italian
osservate oggi molto bello

Spainsh
usted parece muy hermoso hoy

I will finish up with this

la mia signora sono al vostro servizio, di che cosa avete bisogno mai appena lo lasciate sapere. Come circa cominciamo il giorno con un massaggio di pietra caldo del tessuto profondo?

switching gears

y buenas noches a las señoras de la cabaña

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#33 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

shawn no i think thats the only time the wench sleeps is on the plane, as she works 24/7 the rest of the time.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#34 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

i beg to differ...the wench has an on and off button...and can sleep on even a moving speed boat easily...i was privy to this wonderous ability a few times :cool2:

#35 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

Of course WATER!!!! I get tired by the end of the week. All the diving is enough exercise for me!!!

:banghead:

#36 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

...Even underwater..."will that be 2 drinks ladies?"

LOL :banghead: Thanks for a less stress lunch. Good One Shawn
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#37 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

Stacy I understand this point and have used the scar on my head like that but this one is pretty bad and theres no way to spin it into a wicked story because its a scar blow out.

Well whatever you feel comfortable with but I'm telling you.... OK, how about this - send me an email with a picture of the scar and let me decide. :thankyou:

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#38 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

from years of experience I can tell you what I have learned on how to be a Great Cabana Boy : :thankyou:

The ability to wait patiently for hours prior to the first dive of the day while she gets ready to go and then while she is in a panic because she is going to miss the dive you pick up all her gear, her bags, her change of clothes, her camera, her toiletries, her snacks and her bottle of water and then looking like a camel trudge all of this stuff down to the dive boat while she exclaims in breathless wonder how "we almost missed the boat"

The ability to wait patiently for hours while she is "getting ready" for dinner. Taking a shower, putting on makeup, picking out the right clothes, all of this in dive local that is 90 degrees with 100% humidity and everyone else in the restruant is wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

The ability to pick the right food at meal time because no matter what she orders or you order, what she orders is not as good as what you ordered...

Having the forsight to make sure that in the rare occasion she packs her own dive bag that you know what she forgot to pack. God forbid you look in the bag because then you are accusing her of not knowing what she is doing. You have to be able to provide the missing piece of gear out of thin air with out looking like you were prepared ( this is the biggest talent of them all)

:blink:

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#39 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

from years of experience I can tell you what I have learned on how to be a Great Cabana Boy : :thankyou:

The ability to wait patiently for hours prior to the first dive of the day while she gets ready to go and then while she is in a panic because she is going to miss the dive you pick up all her gear, her bags, her change of clothes, her camera, her toiletries, her snacks and her bottle of water and then looking like a camel trudge all of this stuff down to the dive boat while she exclaims in breathless wonder how "we almost missed the boat"

The ability to wait patiently for hours while she is "getting ready" for dinner. Taking a shower, putting on makeup, picking out the right clothes, all of this in dive local that is 90 degrees with 100% humidity and everyone else in the restruant is wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

The ability to pick the right food at meal time because no matter what she orders or you order, what she orders is not as good as what you ordered...

Having the forsight to make sure that in the rare occasion she packs her own dive bag that you know what she forgot to pack. God forbid you look in the bag because then you are accusing her of not knowing what she is doing. You have to be able to provide the missing piece of gear out of thin air with out looking like you were prepared ( this is the biggest talent of them all)

:blink:

Jim

That sounds more like boyfriend/husband rather than cabana boy!!
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#40 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

wow can I get a job as cabana boy? I can do all these things and do back and foot massages as well. Nothing better than after a hard day of watching me work than for me to do a foot massage. I even displayed the talent in Tacoma at the dive show. I think I did alright, whats the verdict WW?

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#41 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

:unsure:

Jim

That sounds more like boyfriend/husband rather than cabana boy!!

You're right - those are great qualities and always appreciated, but really above and beyond (outside the standard scope of work) for a Cabana Boy - much more like a boyfriend or husband.

Now the massage (foot or back) is right in line..... as we move into the ummm errrrrr more specialized duties for that one 'special' Cabana Boy. :blink:

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#42 Sotocanoguy

Sotocanoguy

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:31

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

I think I am going to have to take myself out of the running for Cabana Boy and figure out a way to turn the tables a bit. Oh BTW I heard all of the ladies decided not to do the trip to Roatan this year. Looks like we are out of luck guys. :thankyou:

Edited by Sotocanoguy, 24 June 2008 - 06:20 PM.

Brent
(if you are heading down to Honduras to dive let me know)

Posted Image

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

I think I am going to have to take myself out of the running for Cabana Boy and figure out a way to turn the tables a bit. Oh BTW I heard all of the ladies decided not to do the trip to Roatan this year. Looks like we are out of luck guys. :thankyou:

Yes they all bailed after you had to cancel... :blink:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

wow can I get a job as cabana boy? I can do all these things and do back and foot massages as well. Nothing better than after a hard day of watching me work than for me to do a foot massage. I even displayed the talent in Tacoma at the dive show. I think I did alright, whats the verdict WW?

Keith

The verdict is in....

NOT GUILTY!!!

er....

I mean...it was a SMASHING SUCCESS!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#45 Sotocanoguy

Sotocanoguy

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:31

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

Yes they all bailed after you had to cancel... :blink:

I'm still going...I just can't do all of the days :unsure:
Brent
(if you are heading down to Honduras to dive let me know)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users