• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hurricane Ike

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#46 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:38 AM

Good luck to all in the path of this storm. Please take it seriously. We already have roads flooded up here in Pensacola!! My office building is on a marina on the bay and the water is up over the sidewalk around the marina this morning. It must be at least 3 or 4 feet higher than usual. And we are WAY far away from this storm.

Thoughts and prayers are with all that are affected!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

Ok Dallasites...lets get some space available for our friends. I already have a full house this weekend but could possibly squeeze another one in if needed. I know Scubatooth is on ALERT to be dispatched to help so can't do much.

Any other members able to assist???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

Teresa

how many spots are you needing 1 or 2 - any cats or dogs?

I know im not much help, but if i hear of any spots you can stay i will send it to the wench to forward to you. Alot must be happening above the level im listening at as my phones call volume has been increasing since 4 am today to the point where my phone is on the charger now and i just charged it last night.

also North Texas Sd'ers please take warning now that the projected over land path will still leave our area getting high tropical storm or low cat 1 winds in the area as well as lots of rain and tornado possibility is there.

FYI anyone who comes to dallas the convention center shelter is up and running so thats one option, but if any other SD'er in the area can help please post it.

Well its back to the office

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#49 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:19 AM

:birthday: Oh my goodness! The water has risen at least 6 inches since I posted this morning. It is very windy and choppy on the bay. We're supposed to have 12 to 17 ft seas today! Did I mention that I'm REALLY far away from the storm??? :birthday:

Edited by diverdeb, 11 September 2008 - 09:22 AM.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#50 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

FWIW, I have decided to get the hell out of dodge as Ike is projected to be a Cat-4 and make landfall around Freeport. It is 2:30 pm, within 30 minutes I will be northbound headed to Dallas. I have called my sister there left a message, I also have an offer from a wonderful SD'er to stay at their place as well. As soon as I can, I will post a message to let you know I made it safely.
-Mitch-

#51 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

We got out dodge too! We were in Houston and are now in Austin. Have a flight out of Austin on Sunday and didn't want to miss it - Hope Houston area fairs well!!!
Known puker

#52 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

Sonny - hope you are getting out of dodge too!!!

Edited by Starfish Sandy, 11 September 2008 - 02:46 PM.

Known puker

#53 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

Everyone in the upper coastal are, please take care. Pray it' does not build, the Pressures are coming back up, which means it is not building as much as thought it was SO FAR> . I cleaned out most of the shop this morning, all in a u-haul. At home going to load up a couple things, 1st Dive gear, for Cozumel, Have tanks in the U-haul, @nd. pictures, guns, a few clothes. Headed to Almost Corpus, in a little while, as long as they will let us head south. I will be ready to Head to San Antonio, Austin Area, Things will probally not be too bad here, My house can handle the wind, but do not want to be stuck here, if no A.C. Electric. . If Tides go crazy above 10 ft. We are under manatory evac, at 8 :oO am tomorrow. Winds 20 mph, tides are almost 3 ft. higher than normal. Hurricane Clara on Sept. 11 1961 had the eye right over Port O'Connor, and had a storm surge of up to 22 ft. They found cattle on top of the telephone poles. So no Hurricane can be taken with caution, Take care and God Speed with you.

#54 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

We got out dodge too! We were in Houston and are now in Austin. Have a flight out of Austin on Sunday and didn't want to miss it - Hope Houston area fairs well!!!

What :birthday: Yall came to TEXAS and Did not call me to tell me you were coming,,, Heck I would have braved the storm to see you and Dan. I was in Houston, Tuesday night. and could have done at least a quick hug and hello!!!!

Where you at in Austin... heck might have to come Party with you and Dan..... :birthday:

#55 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:01 PM

Sorry Sonny - quick trip in to see mom/brother/nieces. :birthday: got there Tues evening - astro game on Wed - and evacuated on Thurs. :birthday: Staying with some friends - we have a flight out on Sun. My son is supposed to drive up - that's still in question! Next trip - promise to let you know when we are headed to Houston!!!
Known puker

#56 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Well Ok BUTTTT< I had better here from you two next time!!!! Take care Do the Fiji, Fiji dance and party on.... Good luck on getting home...

#57 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

This may very well may be redundant....Everyone please keep Safe.

#58 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Well my office is officially closed tomorrow. :D I'll be in my apartment praying that I don't get too bored. If the power stays on, I'm golden, I've got plenty of work for the weekend. Otherwise, I may be playing solitaire by candlelight. :-D

:cheerleader:

#59 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

Well my office is officially closed tomorrow. :D I'll be in my apartment praying that I don't get too bored. If the power stays on, I'm golden, I've got plenty of work for the weekend. Otherwise, I may be playing solitaire by candlelight. :-D

:cheerleader:

I hope all goes well for you & everyone else. Please be careful of candles. If you need to use them (hopefully not) try to save them until after there isn't any wind- remember at the time of strong winds batteries will be your better friend!

#60 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

I work at a Chemical Plant in Bayport/LaPorte, TX.

We got it shut down and the hurricane ride out crew is in for the duration.

Made it home without much trouble, as I live an hour north of work. Took about an hour and 45 mins.

For Hurricane Rita it took me 7 hrs to make the same trip, so things are much better so far!!

Everyone take care!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users