• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What would you do?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

Laura
That was a nice responce also. I guess we all have something differant about us that sets us apart from everyone else. I choose to respond to jerky people with comedy! I work in a very public place and you know if you work with the public your gona get alot of jerks for sure. I dont know what it is like to be sexualy harrassed tho ? If I was a female my outlook to that person might be differant. but kwik witty humor is pretty much a universal cure for all things when dealing with ugly people. So coppermouse thanks for asking the tough question and I hope you see that Comedy and Witty humor RULES.

For example

WW

Ooooh good point!! However I'm the only one he has permission to be creative with so its ok...I've already been called less then a 10...WAY less then a 10!!! Hey Mikey....can you help me????? LOL!!! 

Yes WW I'm working on your new Avatar right now! sense you didnt specify what you exactly wanted i'm putting your head on top of Arnold Swartsneger's Body :D with you and him together you'll be an 11 LoL I'm not kidding either watch your Inbox :twist:
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#32 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:06 PM

Laura
That was a nice responce also. I guess we all have something differant about us that sets us apart from everyone else. I choose to respond to jerky people with comedy! I work in a very public place and you know if you work with the public your gona get alot of jerks for sure. I dont know what it is like to be sexualy harrassed tho ? If I was a female my outlook to that person might be differant. but kwik witty humor is pretty much a universal cure for all things when dealing with ugly people. So coppermouse thanks for asking the tough question and I hope you see that Comedy and Witty humor RULES.

B2B,

You are right, humor does work best. I guess I'm just so tired of hearing about it, I have lost my sense of humor in that regard! But I will re-consider using a witty comeback.

I also try to remember that when someone says something rude or mean to another person, it usually means the mean person has issues/baggage/low self esteem and they are lashing out at others to make themselves feel better.

I also believe in Karma....whatever you give out, you get back!

Thanks for the post!

Take care
Laura
WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#33 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:45 PM

Laura

I also try to remember that when someone says something rude or mean to another person, it usually means the mean person has issues/baggage/low self esteem and they are lashing out at others to make themselves feel better.

I agree with you 100% thats a good point you made.

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#34 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:24 PM

All right, ladies (and guys, if you want to toss your 2 centavos in), this is one for the great comebacks category.  One of those situations where you're caught by surprise and don't know what to say, but with the benefit of hindsight, you come up with all kinds of great replies far too late.  I'd like to hear what witty responses you would have for this situation.

You're in a bar hanging out with your scuba group, dancing, having a great time.  A scuba instructor from your group, but who you've just met, comes up to you and says,

"If you had bigger t**s you'd be a 10.  You're an 8."

Realistically or ideally, how would you respond?

:)

I guess getting a boob job is not the suggestion you were looking for? :fish2:

Extremely rude action on the part of the High & Mighty Instructor. Let me guess, he has how many ocean dive trips? He's a quary instructor, feeling insecure, and coming across as an ass.

I know that you were asking for good comebacks. You got some good one, from what I saw up until WW hijacked the thread. Still, there's serious question, that may or may not have been address herein...

The Group is there as a part of the Shop business, you are there in something of a business capacity, the jerk was there as a representative of the Shop, and his comment was totally unacceptable. Did you report this fully to the owner or manager? If so, and no disciplinary action was taken - it'd be time to seek a new shop, in my opinion. You do not have to accept unacceptable actions.

Oh yeah, and: "Thank heavens! The last thing I'd want to do is attract your type." Had to stick that one there, too... :diver:

don :fish2:

Edited by DandyDon, 31 March 2004 - 09:24 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#35 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:27 PM

Yo Cooper,

first of all I have to say it really is a shame that some men even talk like that to a someone and someone they just met in particular. You just have to consider the source i guess. But with no bad mojo intended I have to thank him for being such an a** and supplying foder for one of the funniest threads I have ever read!

G
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#36 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:31 PM

Oh ya.....My thoughts on a reply is just to blow the jerk off cause he was just looking for attention from you anyway....walk away. although Coo's idea would be a ot more fun! :fish2:
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#37 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:35 AM

Yo Cooper,

first of all I have to say it really is a shame that some men even talk like that to a someone and someone they just met in particular.

Blueblood,

(excuse me for jumping in)

Just wanted to say thanks for having such respect for women. You are a true gentleman

Take care
Laura
WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#38 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:39 AM

Don,

"Thank heavens! The last thing I'd want to do is attract your type."

That's a really good one.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#39 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:54 PM

Well thanks Laura! I hope you still carry that opinion after you meet and dive with me.

#40 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:11 PM

:) Whats wrong with his p/u line? He was just showing his compassion too you! haha just kidding what a jerk. His day will come and he will pay dearly!

#41 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 03:39 PM

:luvsign: I didnt mean to bring this to a complete stop, it was just a joke. Sorry if I offended someone.

:luvsign:

#42 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:06 PM

:luvsign:  I didnt mean to bring this to a complete stop, it was just a joke. Sorry if I offended someone.

LOL, maybe you said all there was to say on the subject!

Sorry I started this thread and kinda went MIA. Been working too much this week, preventing me from keeping up with the important things in life!

Did want to say hey to Laura, and thanks for your input. I can't blame you for getting mad when you have to deal with that sort of BS all the time. It's like some guys think a women choose their breast size, y'know, it's an option right before birth: you pick out how tall you'll be, how cute, smart, or blonde, your bra, dress, shoe and hat size, and that clearly the women who chose the big breasts are easy and/or begging for attention. Then of course those who didn't go for the DDs are obviously underachievers -- as the guy seemed to be saying to me, I could have been a 10 if I'd just tried harder! :o

Also, I think you're so right, B2B, about using humor. I used to get really mad about stuff like that, until I realized how much better it works out to keep it funny. Not to say a witty but biting comment isn't just the thing -- I just don't want someone like that to be able to push my buttons, leaving me to carry around the irritation afterwards. Though I'm sure it's harder when you have to deal with the same crapola all the time. :luvsign:

Is that the right way to spell crapola? Or two p's? I think it's French.

:2cool:
coppermaus

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:09 PM

You got some good ones, from what I saw up until WW hijacked the thread. 

Hey Don...we don't care if people hijack threads or topics on this board as long as you say they are doing it...and even if they don't say it....it's still ok. We just aren't formal enough to have lots of categories with which to keep things in nor do we care what direction a thread/topic goes in. Just as long as people chat and have a good time...that's what it is all about!!

HOWEVER....this was priceless and perhaps the best comeback of them all....

Oh yeah, and: "Thank heavens!  The last thing I'd want to do is attract your type."

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#44 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

Hey coppermaus, I noticed you are taking up the mandolin, what type of music are you learning? Bluegrass? I play around with the banjo when I get time. Just curious B)

#45 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:26 PM

We just aren't formal enough to have lots of categories with which to keep things in nor do we care what direction a thread/topic goes in.

You mean we don't have a "Boobs" category on this site?

Speaking of digression...

Hey coppermaus, I noticed you are taking up the mandolin, what type of music are you learning? Bluegrass?

Sho nuff! Though I spend more time on the guitar than the mando these days, since it offers a bit more instant gratification. You should come to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival sometime, if you're a big fan. Last time I had to have the smile surgically removed from my face.

:D
coppermaus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users