• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

High Maintenance or Independent

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16 hambergler

hambergler

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:475

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

Most of you are forgetting simple evolutionary biology. Men instinctively want to make as many little versions of themselves they can, and look for a woman who will accomodate them. Women instinctively want their offspring to be successful, and look for a man who fits their subconscious idea of what it takes for that to most likely occur.

The rest is details, and historically it ends badly for either or both, usually after the aforesaid offspring are toddling around.

Having said the above, once you get past all those urges (sooner or later), hopefully you'll end up with an opposite sex best friend forever that you can canoodle with, and if/when the canoodling stops, they're still your best friend forever.

Edited by hambergler, 02 November 2010 - 08:49 PM.

I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

#17 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

It seems both genders are looking for one thing with the eye and getting another in personality because of it.

As I became more of the Independent Woman, I did go to the 'natural look', and dress now for me instead of others....and stopped trying to cover up the fact that yes, indeed, my hair is going gray. Does the Independent Woman gravitate away from spending time and money on her appearance because she's not out to impress with looks, or because she's tired of the effort and has better things to do with her time & money, or because she's been there, tried that, and doesn't like who it attracts? Interesting.....

I do ALL the above!! I work in a mans world and my job can be VERY physical at times. I sometimes just do not feel like dressing up and putting on the make up. On the other hand....when I get time off, sometimes I WANT to dress up and feel "Pretty"!! I take extra time for myself to get pampered. I work hard and I deserve it!! As far as the gray hair...I can't help it....I still won't let that shine through... :-D

Hmmm....does this make me a closet High Maintenence Woman??? :lmao:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#18 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

I don't think you can over-simplify and classify a woman into only two groups. There are multiple character traits that are pro / con and completely subjective based on any given individual(s). To be a couple requires some sort of inter-dependant relationship, else why are you together? The extent of that relationship is determined by the two personalities involved.

Yes, men are visual. A womans' looks will catch our attention; however, her intellect, personality, morality, spirituality, sense of humour among other dimensions will keep it. It also takes proper timing.

The other points I will not comment on as my fanny has been booted too often for things I have said in the past. :D
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#19 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

The other points I will not comment on as my fanny has been booted too often for things I have said in the past. :D

I am not going to comment because I find it impossible to scuba dive with one foot in my mouth. :diver:

#20 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

Yes, men are visual. A womans' looks will catch our attention; however, her intellect, personality, morality, spirituality, sense of humour among other dimensions will keep it. It also takes proper timing.

The $64,000 is this: If a woman's looks don't capture your attention and you don't ask her out on a date, how then can you discover her intellect, personality, morality, etc.?
Posted Image

#21 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

The $64,000 is this: If a woman's looks don't capture your attention and you don't ask her out on a date, how then can you discover her intellect, personality, morality, etc.?

ah..... she could ask him out.

Edited by Racer184, 03 November 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#22 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

I never said that was the only way to get attention, although it is the first step typically. I have started conversations on the phone that turned into dates. You don't have to ask a woman on a date to get to know her either. There is no hard and fast rule. As soon as you set one someone comes along and breaks it. :)

So where is my $64 K????
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#23 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

So where is my $64 K????

:teeth: Simon, it's in escrow until I can prove (or disprove) your theory....which (hopefully) means dating with research on the side! :lmao:

Alan, it's been more than 20 years since I've been on a "date". Coming up on my one year "D" anniversary, so I may have to employ your strategy soon -- since nobody is seeing I have a high fabulosity factor.... :P
Posted Image

#24 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

Tammy.....fabulosity....love it!! :cool1:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#25 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Alan, it's been more than 20 years since I've been on a "date". Coming up on my one year "D" anniversary, so I may have to employ your strategy soon -- since nobody is seeing I have a high fabulosity factor.... :P

Hello Tammy,

I will take this opportunity to invite you to dinner at my house this evening, so I can enjoy your wonderful personality and intellect. Not having asked a woman out in about 15 years myself, I am feeling rather vulnerable here in doing this, and hope to not be rejected. Of course, if you do reject my offer, I can only assume that it is because I am not good enough looking. Ed

#26 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

I rather enjoy single life and honestly prefer it. I have no desire to have multiple "mini-me's" running around. Sadly it seems that most of the ones who are following in the biological desires that hambergler mentioned are the ones that should be removed from the gene pool.

Simply put... who cares. You can be as high maintenance as you want if it's just you! Remember... dive trips cost more when you have to pay for two!! Stay single, it's just easier that way.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#27 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

I rather enjoy single life and honestly prefer it. I have no desire to have multiple "mini-me's" running around. Sadly it seems that most of the ones who are following in the biological desires that hambergler mentioned are the ones that should be removed from the gene pool.

Simply put... who cares. You can be as high maintenance as you want if it's just you! Remember... dive trips cost more when you have to pay for two!! Stay single, it's just easier that way.

Isn't that why most of us dive through this site? To avoid having to pay for 2 when there is just one?

#28 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

LandlockeDiveNut said

Coming up on my one year "D" anniversary,

So it's time for your 1st D'anniversary party ! No, that is not a typographical error, it's a 1st D'anniversary party ! and next year is your 2nd D'anniversary party.
Which should be held either one week before or after your re-bachlorette party.

On a separate note... the lady I am nuts about asked me out for our first date 17 +1/2 months ago.

#29 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hello Tammy,

I will take this opportunity to invite you to dinner at my house this evening, so I can enjoy your wonderful personality and intellect. Not having asked a woman out in about 15 years myself, I am feeling rather vulnerable here in doing this, and hope to not be rejected. Of course, if you do reject my offer, I can only assume that it is because I am not good enough looking. Ed

I'm happy to accept, Ed! It may be difficult tonight however, since you're in SC and I'm in MO and you didn't give me much time to get there..... (or was this your safety net?) :lmao:

Maybe we can have dinner on an SD trip sometime soon.....then I can't scare you off with my indifferent cooking, and we'll both have salt water hairdo's. :teeth:
Posted Image

#30 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hello Tammy,

I'm happy to accept, Ed! It may be difficult tonight however, since you're in SC and I'm in MO and you didn't give me much time to get there..... (or was this your safety net?) :lmao:

Maybe we can have dinner on an SD trip sometime soon.....then I can't scare you off with my indifferent cooking, and we'll both have salt water hairdo's. :teeth:

Sure. Typical high maintenance woman. Use the excuse of 1000-1500 miles, and only an hour or so to get here as an excuse. I tried. Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users