• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005:April 16-23-St.Marteen/Saba/Statia/StKitts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
648 replies to this topic

#46 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:46 AM

Unfortunately I can't find reasonable airfare, so I'm not going to make this one (and not enough ff miles for the round trip :-). I'll look at your calendar when its firm to see what else you're offering next year. Hoping to make it to at least one out of the country event!

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:00 AM

Unfortunately I can't find reasonable airfare, so I'm not going to make this one (and not enough ff miles for the round trip :-). I'll look at your calendar when its firm to see what else you're offering next year. Hoping to make it to at least one out of the country event!

Hey girl...before you give up let me see what I can do. I now have access to all sorts of wholesale air contracts. I'll let you know what I find for you! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:32 AM

What can you do for RT air from Denver. I saw you had $866 listed on the very first post. Is that the best price?

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:45 AM

What can you do for RT air from Denver. I saw you had $866 listed on the very first post. Is that the best price?

I'll see what else I can get for you. That was the fare the day I posted the trip. k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#50 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:38 AM

I checked fares as well and was running in the $900+ range (from Raleigh) with lots and lots of travel time (between 8 1/2 and 16 hours). Gosh the shortest travel time was about equal to the total number of hours it took me to get to St. Maartin when I lived on the West Coast.

I think it might be too late to use FF miles since it is spring break and those seats go fast. USA and American seem to be my only options, Delta does not fly out of St. Kitts, at least it did not appear to be the case. (I have tlots of Delta miles too)
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#51 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:41 AM

Hey WW, I am confused on the flight scheduling aspect of this trip. So that I can figure out if I can actually swing this trip with airfare, can you let me know on what date I would need to arrive, on what date I would depart, and to which airport my arrival and departure should be to/from. If I fly out of Seattle I save over $1300.00 so I foresee my parents doing that good parent thing and driving me for a couple of hours! :welcome:

If I can swing this, the deposit will be in the mail!!

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:30 PM

Hey WW, I am confused on the flight scheduling aspect of this trip. So that I can figure out if I can actually swing this trip with airfare, can you let me know on what date I would need to arrive, on what date I would depart, and to which airport my arrival and departure should be to/from. If I fly out of Seattle I save over $1300.00 so I foresee my parents doing that good parent thing and driving me for a couple of hours! :welcome:

If I can swing this, the deposit will be in the mail!!

Airfare:

Travel to the area is easy, with St. Maarten (SXM) served by direct flights on American Airlines, USAir, Delta and Continental from New York, Newark, Miami, Atlanta and San Juan. St. Kitts (SKB) is easily reached via either American, American Eagle (from San Juan) or USAir. For OUR Trip....You will fly into St. Maarten (SXM) and our of St. Kitts (SKB).

Does this help you? If not let me know and I'll try to clarify it for everyone else!
-ww

formerly...

#53 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:27 PM

Mostly --- Now I just need absolute clarity on the dates. ie do we need to arrive on the 15th to leave on the boat the morning of the 16th?? Also, should we intend to leave St. Kitts on the 24th, presuming the boat trip ends on the 23rd??

Thanks again!!

Michelle

#54 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:22 PM

Looking at the itinerary on the first post, I plan on leaving HNL on the 15th, which will get me into St Maarten at about 1500 on the 16th, and leave St Kitts the afternoon of the 23rd. I will have to overnight in Miami on the way back and then get back to HNL on the 24th.

Coming from the mainland, you may be able to get there and back in one day.

WW, as long as you are looking into flights, right now, I can from here to there with an overnight in Miami on the way back for just under $1300. That is going to directly to AA's WEB site. Can you find anything better than that? Almost all of the flights from here to the mainland are redeyes, so I have to leave on the 15th...depending on conecting flights, may have to leave on the 14th an overnight somewhere in the mainland on the 15th.

Ali
"

#55 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

OK, another question. Is there a way for us to be contacted while on the boat? I need a phone number or some way of contact for my leave papers. Is their reservation a good number to use?
"

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:01 PM

Ok working on flight details for all the cities mentioned so far....this is NOT a well travelled to island which means AWESOME diving but more expensive airfare!

And yes I'll get a good contact number for the boat while at sea! -ww

formerly...

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:50 AM

I've been asked about roommates and room assignments. Rooms will be chosen based upon first come first served! Here is how it will work:

1. The room layout matrix from the boat will be posted as we get closer to the trip.

2. Roommates will be matched up as we get closer to the trip unless you bring your own with you on the trip or have one lined up already.

3. The list on the first post of this thread is the list of who's paid in full or made a deposit. After everyone is paid in full for the trip, the first name on the list other than myself will have first choice of rooms and so on down the list. (I'll take what is leftover.) Some people will not have a choice in rooms as their roommate will have selected the room already.

As for roommates...

1. You will receive a simple survey about your roomming habits and preferences as well as your diving habits and preferences etc.
2. Please fill this out so that I can work to match up roommates. (If you don't get it about 30 days prior to the trip...let me know!)
3. We have always been able to match same sex roommates on all of our trips so far...however if you are willing to platonically match up with a member of the opposite sex please let me know. (Usually if someone needs to do that, I will do it. Yep there I go hogging all the guys again! LOL!!! )
4. Usually we have negotiated with the hotel to not penalize us if we end up with an extra male or female without a roomming buddy and therefore let them have a single room for the double occupancy price. However liveaboards are different and it is nearly impossible to negotiate this clause with them. So I may need your help in the final roomming arrangements when we are doing liveaboards. Again I will do all the accommodating I can and usually that is all we need.

formerly...

#58 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:54 AM

WW - I put my check in the mail this morning, so please count me as on board :diver:

Looks like I'll probably arrive on Friday night, seems to be the best airfare - $860 on AA. Can you let me know which side of the Island I should stay on Friday night and/or recommend a hotel?

If anyone else has to come in on Friday to make the boat would you want to share a room?
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:13 AM

Arrival Flight Info into St. Marteen:

I just found out that all flights must route via San Jaun to get to St Marteen and the San Juan into St Marteen flight arrives at 10pm on the 16th and so the boat does not leave until everyone is off that flight and on the boat.

The good news about arriving early is you can do some extra sight seeing since we won't get to see St Marteen at all otherwise and you dont' have to worry about missing the connection from San Juan to St Marteen. (If you miss that connection you do miss the boat.)

I may try to arrive early as well to do some sightseeing and keep you company! Anyone else care to join us? -ww

Departure Flight Info out of St. Kitts:

We will arrive in St. Kitts on Friday night so any departure time on Saturday the 23rd is perfect!

formerly...

#60 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:03 PM

Checked flights... I can get a direct flight from JFK to SXM, arrives about noon on Friday, same price. I'm going to call AA and try to FF this one since I have the miles all ready. What would be a convienent hotel to stay at Friday night?
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users