• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005:April 16-23-St.Marteen/Saba/Statia/StKitts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
648 replies to this topic

#61 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:17 PM

Arrival Flight Info into St. Marteen:

I just found out that all flights must route via San Jaun to get to St Marteen and the San Juan into St Marteen flight arrives at 10pm on the 16th and so the boat does not leave until everyone is off that flight and on the boat.

The good news about arriving early is you can do some extra sight seeing since we won't get to see St Marteen at all otherwise and you dont' have to worry about missing the connection from San Juan to St Marteen. (If you miss that connection you do miss the boat.)

I may try to arrive early as well to do some sightseeing and keep you company! Anyone else care to join us? -ww

Departure Flight Info out of St. Kitts:

We will arrive in St. Kitts on Friday night so any departure time on Saturday the 23rd is perfect!

Are these bulk air or charter flights or something?? I've found several on AA that don't via SJU, and even most that do get in by about 1600.

I'm looking at the flight Captsaaz is taking (except starting in HNL) or one that routes via LA and Miami and gets me in at about 1400. Also thinking about leaving on the 14th and spending the night in St Maarten since its such a long flight. A day of rest might be good.
"

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

How to be reached on the boat while traveling:

You can be reached aboard the Caribbean Explorer II from North America via satellite phone at +1.787.990.6089. Outgoing calls may also be made. Please be aware that a charge is assessed for both incoming and outgoing calls. (Not sure what the charge is.)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

More bulk airfares as of 10-20-04:

This is a small island in the middle of nowhere so flights are expensive but the diving is worth it! We hope to have some video footage for you to watch on the site shortly as well as pictures in our destination gallery!

These are bulk fares on AA and USair, the bulk quotes are
net to you and include all taxes. These are the fares if paying by check, if
you want to use a credit card please add 3% to the bulk fare.

Seattle........bulk $923.00......retail $979.00
Denver........bulk $876.00......retail $974.00
Honolulu......no bulk..............retail $1562.10
Raleigh........bulk $785.50 .....retail $926.50
Houston.......bulk $833.00 .....retail $ 878.00
Dallas..........bulk $795.00 .....retail $948.00

I have two more sources for airfares for this trip and will post them as soon as I can! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#64 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:09 PM

People should also check with expedia since I just got a quote (all taxes in) on American for over $100.00 less than the bulk rates you were given - heck, that almost pays for the Nitrox!! :cool2: Alright, starting the mantra chant - "Must stop shopping! Must stop shopping!" Aww, hell, who am I kidding - "Must live off credit! Must live off credit....." :wakawaka:

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:19 PM

People should also check with expedia since I just got a quote (all taxes in) on American for over $100.00 less than the bulk rates you were given - heck, that almost pays for the Nitrox!! :cool2: Alright, starting the mantra chant - "Must stop shopping! Must stop shopping!" Aww, hell, who am I kidding - "Must live off credit! Must live off credit....." :wakawaka:

Yes discount air options are certainly viable especially for 'one offs'. Some bulk rates are higher then published rates and some are lower. It depends on the carrier. For example Air Jamaica is always less then AA or USAir and lower then its published rates. Some are higher then discount rates. That is why I only offer them as an option and allow you to find your own fares yourself!

I hope everyone checks out expedia or orbitz or travelocity or any of the discount options. I just want you all to be on the trip! -ww

formerly...

#66 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:23 PM

I would also check directly with AA. I found better prices and/or scheduling directly on the airline site than with expedia.
"

#67 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

I'm going :cool2: Got my AS_ Hole boss to give me the days off :teeth:
Book Me DANO

:wakawaka:

Edited by Sonny Beaches, 20 October 2004 - 06:42 PM.

#68 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

I'm going :cool2: Got my AS_ Hole boss to give me the days off :teeth:
Book Me DANO

:wakawaka:

uhhh...aren't you the boss??

you really shouldn't abuse yourself like that!!

#69 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

I agree with what has already been said about booking directly with AA or going to Expedia. I found flights for about $100 less then the bulk rates.

#70 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:01 PM

I agree with what has already been said about booking directly with AA or going to Expedia. I found flights for about $100 less then the bulk rates.

Again it really depends on the airlines. Going up against the major carriers is hard. When we did Bonaire the bulk rates were much cheaper then discount rates people could find.

The most important thing is to look at all options! It should only save you money by doing so! -ww

formerly...

#71 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:05 PM

Yes I have found some cheaper, but It would be as many as 25 hrs. from time of depart, to landing, with 4-5 transfers, more time waiting around, more chances for the airlines to lose your stuf. :dancing: Thinkingabout leaving a day early and checking out the island before getting aboard.
+ Plus if it is a little more, I would rather support our great Leader, who foots the bill, for this site, and does all the work to get @!&% togeather for our fun.!! Answers our Questions, works out the Logistics of everything, Arranging transfers, ect. , Yes I do understand saving money is important to take thse trips, but without this site we might not be going at all or, would have to find a buddy , who could go , or pay the cost of going single.
This is only my Opinion, on the subject.

#72 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

Yes I have found some cheaper, but It would be as many as 25 hrs. from time of depart, to landing, with 4-5 transfers, more time waiting around, more chances for the airlines to lose your stuf. :dancing: Thinkingabout leaving a day early and checking out the island before getting aboard.
+ Plus if it is a little more, I would rather support our great Leader, who foots the bill, for this site, and does all the work to get @!&% togeather for our fun.!! Answers our Questions, works out the Logistics of everything, Arranging transfers, ect. , Yes I do understand saving money is important to take thse trips, but without this site we might not be going at all or, would have to find a buddy , who could go , or pay the cost of going single.
This is only my Opinion, on the subject.

Sonny you are so sweet! As it turns out I'm passing the bulk air onto you all exactly as I'm receiving it. It is so high already that any savings I can get for you may mean the difference between you making the trip or not.

I have a lead on some wholesale air which I hope to have locked down this week which could be very attractive. But then again...it just depends. I have 5 major sources I use for air rates and again I do it as a way to help you make the trip.

As for supporting SD...the best way to do that is to take our group trips so I don't lose money on them and we show that the whole idea of traveling with other single and buddyless divers works. (Obviously it helps if you travel with us as SD makes nothing if you run your own trips off the board because you take divers away from our group trips since time and money are only so plentiful.) But fortunately almost all of you have been doing that! THANKS! You can also buy SD stuff like t-shirts, slap straps, the new Chammyz line we will have this week available and other cool stuff we will be offering in the next 30-60 days such as bumper stickers, patches, etc. AND pay your membership! Right now that is our main source of income so helping to bring new people to the site and having everyone pay their $25 membership keeps us going! And since I am shamelessly plugging here already...if you need any nutritional help please consider using my services. I am giving away my consulting services however I do make some money on the sale of the few products I endorse. Even those are very low so that more people can benefit from them as I'd rather have LOTS of HEALTHY DIVERS as my friends than the alternative!

Again thank you all for all of your support! Sonny being a self made business man I know you know how hard it is to run a new venture...but with the ongoing support of great folks like you all....SD will do fine! Thanks again gang! -ww

formerly...

#73 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:30 AM

Okay I'm definitely in and am mailing my check for the full amount today. I'm going with the free nitrox for the trip. Eat Sleep and Dive. I love doing liveaboards. I'll probably arrive on friday as well. Has anybody scoped out a place to stay for friday night yet?? I'd be willing to share a room with either sex to save on cost.

#74 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:17 PM

Just got done working out and swong by the PO on the way home. "The check is in the mail". One of the 3 great lies. Anybody know the other 2?

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:32 PM

Just got done working out and swong by the PO on the way home. "The check is in the mail". One of the 3 great lies. Anybody know the other 2?

Hmm.....let me see...

1. The check is in the mail
2. I promise I'll respect you in the morning
3. Of course you don't look fat in those clothes....

Ok not sure on #3 but I'm sure about #2! :evilgrin:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users