• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-03: .March 4-13 Eco Resort "Lavish Lembeh"

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46 Texan_in_China

Texan_in_China

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Does anyone know how easy or how hard it is to get out of the airport in Singapore and do a city tour? (That's what I hope to do for the free evening I will have).

Has anyone done that?

It is very easy to do... there is a train / subway that goes from the airport into town. Singapore is a very safe place to walk and it is easy to catch taxi's around town too. There are some nice restaurants and you can also take a boat tour of the harbor, if you have time. Or if you just want a tour of the city, there is a transit tour into the city, although I don't remember if it runs at night or not.. you can just sign up for it at the airport. I haven't done the airport tour before, because it is so easy just to get in town on your own and get around.

If you don't decide to go into town, the airport is very nice also, with restaurants, places to get massages, and even a movie theatre... it is a great place if you are stuck with a lengthy layover. However, if you have the time, by all means go into the city.

#47 Texan_in_China

Texan_in_China

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

i am checking on airfare and schedule, but hope to be able to join you on this trip... will confirm soon. :diver:

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

i am checking on airfare and schedule, but hope to be able to join you on this trip... will confirm soon. :diver:/>

AWESOME!!! We would :wub: to have you! :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

It is very easy to do... there is a train / subway that goes from the airport into town. Singapore is a very safe place to walk and it is easy to catch taxi's around town too. There are some nice restaurants and you can also take a boat tour of the harbor, if you have time. Or if you just want a tour of the city, there is a transit tour into the city, although I don't remember if it runs at night or not.. you can just sign up for it at the airport. I haven't done the airport tour before, because it is so easy just to get in town on your own and get around.

Thank you Barbara, sounds like an easy thing to do. No problem getting in or out of the terminals. A bus/transit tour will be the best if it's offered at night. Else I can just take a subway. I will look into this, maybe call the airport.

#50 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Thank you Barbara, sounds like an easy thing to do. No problem getting in or out of the terminals. A bus/transit tour will be the best if it's offered at night. Else I can just take a subway. I will look into this, maybe call the airport.

John, Google Changi airport and look in the menus for things to do/transit. Best airport website I've ever seen

#51 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

John, Google Changi airport. They have a fantastic website w/all the info you will need about everything, transit hotels, shops, transit into Singapore, visiting while in transit. If you go, go to one of the 'Hawker' centers for an amazing array of foods.....cheap too!

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

We still have 3 rooms which I have to sell! Please help spread the word! Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#53 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

It is very easy to do... there is a train / subway that goes from the airport into town. Singapore is a very safe place to walk and it is easy to catch taxi's around town too. There are some nice restaurants and you can also take a boat tour of the harbor, if you have time. Or if you just want a tour of the city, there is a transit tour into the city, although I don't remember if it runs at night or not.. you can just sign up for it at the airport.

Yes, there is also a evening transit tour starts at 6:30 for 2 hours, called "City Lights Tour". This one would be perfect for me, since my flight arrive around 5 pm.

Both day and night transit tours are free. Details:

http://www.changiair...-singapore-tour

So if you have a long layover in Singapore, you may look into it.

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hey John several of us will have long layovers in Singapore coming from the Maldives trip. I am finalizing those people and amt of time now. We'll let you know as some of our time may overlap. :cool1:

formerly...

#55 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hey John several of us will have long layovers in Singapore coming from the Maldives trip. I am finalizing those people and amt of time now. We'll let you know as some of our time may overlap. :cool1:

Most of you will be on the longer trip option. So far it seems I am the only one who is on the shorter option, so I will miss the chance to join you. Unless someone comes in on the shorter option too.

BTW, I will reserve transit hotel in terminal #3 for two block (12 hours). For the same reason, unless someone else emerges on the shorter option, I won't be able to share it. :(

#56 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

John, Google Changi airport. They have a fantastic website w/all the info you will need about everything, transit hotels, shops, transit into Singapore, visiting while in transit. If you go, go to one of the 'Hawker' centers for an amazing array of foods.....cheap too!

:iagree: Yes Scot, this is truly a world class airport and one amazing website. It feels like a tourist attraction by itself. :cool1:

Had I known before, I would have extended my layover time just to enjoy everything they offer. I guess I will plan better next time. :lol:

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hey John Scot is on the shorter option too! And we are working on a third person trying to join the trip that will be on the shorter option as well.

formerly...

#58 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hey John Scot is on the shorter option too! And we are working on a third person trying to join the trip that will be on the shorter option as well.

I am confused. Scot (Handyman) is on shorter option? It is listed on the first page:

"Scot aka Handyman d/o Lembeh 9/7 pkg"

Of course, it will help to reduce the cost if I can share a room.

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Ok we are now BOTH confused. Maybe it is just you and the new guy I'm talking to about the last few spots. I will check. Thank you, Kamala

formerly...

#60 Elias

Elias

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor / Trimix / Sidemount / Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Elias
Payments Summary To Date: Payed in full!
Lembeh 9/7 pkg or 7/6pkg (TELL US WHICH LEVEL): 7/6
D/O or S/O:
S/O if available, but am happy to share a room if needed
Extra Days/Nights:
Sadly, I will not be staying for extra nights because I am due in Panama for a live aboard departing on the 16th
Nitrox $105 for 9/7pkg or $90 for 7/6 pkg:
Yes, EANx. I may actually want to use EANx as a deco gas for some deeper dives ...
Documents:
SD Waiver: emailed on 29 Jan -- SD Survey emailed on 29 Jan -- SD Ins Summary emailed on 29 Jan
Dive Insurance Current:
DAN Preferred #2362350
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C:
c. I do not plan to buy trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly
Flight Details:
I will be in Manado for about a week prior to the trip, diving at Bunaken, and will plan on meeting you all at the Manado Airport ~13:00 on the 4th. From there we can share ground transport to Lembeh.
I am arranging my flight out of Manado on the 11th ... details to be provided ASAP.
Bringing School/Life Supplies:
Sorry, I am already traveling and cannot arrange school / life supplies for this trip.
Other:
I am a Vegetarian...
I would prefer to dive with somebody I can learn from but am happy to act as a diving mentor / rent-a-buddy as well.
My PADI DM certification # is 320256. I am also certified to make technical dives, do wreck penetration, technical-wreck, use DPVs, etc.
I dive with a sidemount configuration and would be happy to loan out my gear if they want to try it out on a shallow recreational dive profile.
Available Discounts:
b. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
d. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

Edited by Elias, 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users