• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Love: Advice Needed

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:08 PM

I was wondering if anyone has advice on what helps when you heart get torn in two by the person you love? I know this request sounds odd, but any help would be appreciated; but don’t mention alcohol, I can’t get any in Iraq. Thanks.

Don't know what to tell you on that because after all my splits I felt like singing "Thank God and Greyhound you're gone!" I don't miss any of my ex-girlfriends. They all seemed to be one of two types - either they were either self-absorbed golddiggers who split because I wouldn't fork over the platinum card, or they were hose-monsters who only wanted to f**k. How boring. I'm going diving (in the water).

Hey, be safe out there in Eye-Rak!
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#92 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

Well, I will say that my thoughts lately have been torn. Torn from I would like to think of finding someone that I will eventually happily spend my life with and like Michelle making sure that meeting someone doesn't happen. I am torn by the thoughts of doing what it takes to "forget" or "get over" my ex. I've thought about posting for a date instead of a dive. I am not into the club scene by myself. Don't get me wrong I love to dance, meet people but I've never hung out in clubs and apparently that's where people "meet" dates. If I could take a walk on the waterfront and meet a great guy or go to a piano bar and meet a date or on a dive and meet someone to go out with or maybe at the gym... That's better than meeting someone in a room I can't breath in that is 3 sheets to the wind already. What a great way to start out. I am already having problems with my ex coming over drunk every week just to insult me so why start with a drunk guy.

Why can't I go deep sea fishing and meet a great guy or golfing and meet a great guy, or maybe rescue him on a mission :D hummm I don't think he'd call me what about you. :D

Anyone in the area wanna have some great food, a few good drinks, a walk by the water and maybe share an afghan and watch a movie? Then we'll go diving when it warms up. :lmao:

OMG did I just do that. :)

PS

He must not live at home with his mother and father who make his rules for the past several years and for however long it takes for a woman to agree to pay all the bills at which time he'll move in to her home and try to be the boss.

He must have a job where he actually works and gets paid. REAL Money. Pays his bills. Can at least pay his way so I don't have to. Maybe pay mine sometimes.

And must be more mature than my 13 year old son.

No drugs allowed.

Prefer non-smoker.

I have a dog and cat.

No I won't give up my son, dog or cat. Firm.

Hahahaha

Raven,

Some men feel the way that you do about these things. When time heals and the eyes open, and you are ready... I am a firm believer that you will find what you seek. Like many, my largest problem is following my own advice. I don't do it!

I have tried to learn from my mistakes and despite good intentions, I have been forced to make apologies to at least one lovely female for my uncertainty in relationships which has hurt them (and she is now one of my closest friends). There may be others that I don't know about. I personally would prefer to keep that list of hurt feelings and dashed hopes as small as possible.

I was going to say more, but much of it has already been said. Do what you have to do for you. Use the experience for self-improvement. You will do fine as will all of us!

Brian

PS My brother, dogs and cat are part of the package with me too! Where I live may be negiotable depending on the female. I haven't seen a lot of :taz: on the line in the local area and I am actually pretty landlocked.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#93 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:19 PM

Why can't I go deep sea fishing and meet a great guy or golfing and meet a great guy, or maybe rescue him on a mission :D hummm I don't think he'd call me what about you.  :o

Well, what's you're number? I need to call you to come rescue me! HELP! HELP! I'm uh, drowning, that's it! HELP ME! :unsure:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#94 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:05 AM

Yes, Raven... post your phone number and see. You may be a blonde, but your name compensates for that!

As for love, are we males looking for it in all the wrong places if we seek a diver? The ratio is not in our favor. I hear that in Japan women divers outnumber men. I'm leaving on a jet plane... unfortunately it may be heading in the other direction (Florida) so I can see Dad and Mom.

Dr. Bill

#95 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:11 AM

All joking aside, never post your phone number or e-mail address.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#96 Genesis

Genesis

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:32 AM

Oh I don't care if people have my email address.

The contents of my mailbox HAVE to improve over the "make your penis bigger" spams! :-D

#97 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:37 AM

Oh I don't care if people have my email address.

The contents of my mailbox HAVE to improve over the "make your penis bigger" spams!  :-D

I don't get those. My e-mail is not based off one of the common places like Yahoo, AOL, or MSN. It is based of my website (which will come up in on a search engine if you know my first and last name). So, my e-mail doesn't show up on many of the search engines that the mass mailers use. But it is in my profile and anyone here is welcome to use it.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#98 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:43 AM

Hey VADiver....how are you doing? Long time no hear....I pray you are doing well and hanging in there. You have touched on a nerve that many of our members are struggling with right now as well...misery loves company....as well as a chance for our other members to share what it was like going through the same misery. :-D

We love ya bud....check in and let us know how you are doing! Miss ya...-ww :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#99 Genesis

Genesis

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:48 AM

Nothing kills the blues like a good dive.

Come get wet! C'mon, you know you wanna.... :-D

#100 Raven

Raven

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Logged Dives:Over 250

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:00 PM

Well, Brinybay... I'm ready for you. My number is 911 for rescues.

As for Dr. Bill, I hope my blonde hair isn't a negative. Hahaha

Genesis - with Spam like that I would think that my old ISP was the same as yours. :teeth:

Walter, I just love you. You always have everyone's best interest at heart.

Brian, You're great.

And, WW thanks for bringing us back to the person who started all this... VADiver I hope you are doing well.

As for me, well, I am rotten so my date post will just go on the list of reasons why they say "that girl is Crazy." HAHAHA

Hey it is another great day. The sun isn't shining and it is cold and overcast but I've made a couple of new friends and that makes life great.

R
DISCLOSURE WARNING! Contents contained in my posts may be witty, intellectual, intriguing, playful, educable, fun-loving, brass, or even offensive. I apologize in advance if the later two apply. Feel free to respond with a witty, intellectual, intriguing, playful, educating, fun-loving manner; or simply ignore. R "Come get wet with us." www.deepsouthdivers.org

#101 Genesis

Genesis

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

I don't actually GET the spam anymore... have a really good tool to take care of it - but they keep sending it.

Now what REALLY gets me is that they send me a "make your penis bigger" and a "make your breasts bigger" spam - usually back-to-back!

I can see where I might want to do ONE of those things, but BOTH?! Someone's got a SICK sense of reality! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Smile - and go dive!

#102 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

The contents of my mailbox HAVE to improve over the "make your penis bigger" spams! :cool1:

yeah, i get tons of those.

guess they keep talking to my ex's
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#103 Genesis

Genesis

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:56 PM

They'd need to start sending me spam to make it SMALLER if that was the case :cool1: :teeth: :teeth:

#104 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:35-50

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:28 PM

They'd need to start sending me spam to make it SMALLER if that was the case  :teeth:  :teeth:  :teeth:

NO COMMENT!!! :teeth:

#105 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:41 PM

OUCH! Genesis, that's gotta hurt.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users