• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Fit Enough to Dive?

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#61 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,762 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:38 AM

Happy Sunday!!  Yesterday, slack day only 3.5 mile walk, 7 minute video and 2 mile walk with friends. Today going hikling in our beautiful mountains.  Got snow last night, might be able to snowshoe!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#62 LilMermaid

LilMermaid

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:30+

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:13 AM

Wel, I actually did substitute snow shoveling two days because it was just so much lol. I was wiped out! Had to have someone come with a plow to get my vehicles out and clear my parking for me yesterday. Goodness! This western city girl isnt used to this lol

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and keeping at it! We do what we can! Not everyone has the ability physically, mentally, or otherwise to do as much as we might like. But just trying is awesome!
  • dive_sail_etc and Mom2rjw like this

#63 Ducky

Ducky

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:24 PM

I so need to do this and having a group effort helps me with accountability! I want to start swimming/walking one hour every day; yoga stretches and meditation every morning; will slowly add intermittent fasting.
I think this will help big time as I have gained almost 20lbs much since Thanksgiving.
  • little mermaid and dive_sail_etc like this

#64 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:22 PM

I so need to do this and having a group effort helps me with accountability! I want to start swimming/walking one hour every day; yoga stretches and meditation every morning; will slowly add intermittent fasting.
I think this will help big time as I have gained almost 20lbs much since Thanksgiving.

Hey Ducky its great to have you join us! And YES accountability is the most important part!  Welcome aboard and glad you have JUMPED in!

Wel, I actually did substitute snow shoveling two days because it was just so much lol. I was wiped out! Had to have someone come with a plow to get my vehicles out and clear my parking for me yesterday. Goodness! This western city girl isnt used to this lol

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and keeping at it! We do what we can! Not everyone has the ability physically, mentally, or otherwise to do as much as we might like. But just trying is awesome!

Hey girl..SNOW COUNTS!!!  Glad you are being consistent! :cool1:

Happy Sunday!!  Yesterday, slack day only 3.5 mile walk, 7 minute video and 2 mile walk with friends. Today going hikling in our beautiful mountains.  Got snow last night, might be able to snowshoe!

Hey Kathy you are a machine! Even at rest ...you are a machine! Tks for being a great role model! 

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:37 PM

(1) 78 min dive and (1) 80 dive + lugging gear so got some steps in!   Also walked about a mile in the morning that I almost forgot!  Ate really healthy and feel great! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#66 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:29 AM

I was going to wear my dive gear for my walk today, so I could feel like I was in Cozumel as well, but figured I would just end up in a padded cell, so decided against it.  I did 2 three mile walks on both Sat and Sun, as well as some time on the stationary bike and some upper body exercise.  I did my 3 mile morning walk today.  The day is fairly busy, so I do not know how much more I will get in.

#67 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:22 AM

Ha Ha Ed, that would have been a sight to see!!  Yesterday beautiful 4 mile hike with dog, 7 minute video,  Today, will get in the 3 mile walk with dog, really windy, luckily she weighs 85 pounds!!  7 minute video and hopefully adding some elliptical work and stop using it as a clothes hanger :teeth:

Good work everyone for keeping this workout post going!!

#68 scubastar

scubastar

Meeting folks

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:400

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:15 PM

sorry for my lack of updates.  here they are:

Thursday, Feb 18th --- walked the dog, tread climber and wall push ups

Friday, Feb19th --- walked the dog

Saturday, Feb 20th --- walked the dog, extra miles walking state parks and in Stuart

Sunday, Feb 21st --- walked the dog

Monday, Feb 22nd --- walked the dog, tread climber, 3 mins of planks, 3 set of 20 walk crunches, 4 sets of 20 core twists

ScubaSt*r

#69 scubastar

scubastar

Meeting folks

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:39 PM

*Wall Crunches  lol

ScubaSt*r

#70 Ducky

Ducky

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:47 PM

Yesterday 2/21 I got in about half an hour of good walking, 3 dives 40min;71 min;58min and my full yoga stretching routine

Today2/22 I did 1 45min dive lots of walking between hotel and boat dock and about half of my normal yoga routine this morning. also an 18hr fast

#71 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:36 AM

Happy Tuesday, yesterday 3.5 mile walk with dog, 7 minute video and 15 minutes on elliptical. 

• dive_sail_etc and Ducky like this

#72 scubastar

scubastar

Meeting folks

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:19 PM

Hello everyone --- just my daily walks with  my dog today

• dive_sail_etc and Ducky like this

ScubaSt*r

#73 LilMermaid

LilMermaid

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:30+

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:39 PM

I was going to wear my dive gear for my walk today, so I could feel like I was in Cozumel as well, but figured I would just end up in a padded cell, so decided against it.  I did 2 three mile walks on both Sat and Sun, as well as some time on the stationary bike and some upper body exercise.  I did my 3 mile morning walk today.  The day is fairly busy, so I do not know how much more I will get in.

You just have to include waking around Walmart in your gear ... with mask of course! And dont forget to have someone video everyone elses reactions! Lol

#74 Ducky

Ducky

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:30 PM

I got 4 dives in and a 16hr fast. Dives times 50 min;58min;45 min;57min also got in my yoga stretches this morning.

#75 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:52 AM

You just have to include waking around Walmart in your gear ... with mask of course! And dont forget to have someone video everyone elses reactions! Lol

Elise I almost spit my coffee reading this! :laugh: :D :lmao: :diver:

• little mermaid likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users