• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dates from Hell

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#151 triggerfish

triggerfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

and, i might add......

an awful lot of my friends think i'm wacko (yeah, yeah, i know. i can hear you people from here.....)

for talking to the people i've met HERE.

the bottom line is you gotta go with what you're comfortable with. my good buddy michael goes for broke. jamie like the power date thing (i agree jamie..why waste time if there's no common ground?). Kamala is cautious. i opt for the use 'em 'n lose 'em technique ***.

there's no right or wrong.

as long as you don't leave your seed.

****( i'm kidding)

#152 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

Let's meet, TF!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#153 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:21 PM

Let's meet, TF!

In July, Walter, in July.... :o
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#154 mvillanueva

mvillanueva

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI. Varied diving to date: Freshwater wells, Catalina, Oahu, and Kona. And one night dive
  • Logged Dives:32!

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:55 AM

the bottom line is you gotta go with what you're comfortable with. my good buddy michael goes for broke.

Now just a minute here!! I spend 17+ years paying attention and doing whatever it is I did to make things work..... we split.... I hang for a year and three quarters.... And then start testing the waters in what???? November? December? And now in February you say I "goes for broke"?

Have you ever considered the continually practiced group and solo social skills along with the highly honed "availability" instincts of my youth sorta atrophied, dulled, and outright died??? The behaviors you interpret as going for broke, I see more like a fish flopping out of water, or a deer trotting wrong way down a screaming interstate looking for honeysuckle.

Kiddo.... I don't know what I used to know and and worse I cannot see what I used to purposefully avoid.

But, I am learning.

Goes for broke......

Indeed!!!
Cap'n Lobo Stripper the Peglegless

#155 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:48 AM

Ya know, I really haven't has any "dates from hell" thankfully. Most of them have been boring or just a little bit odd. I have enjoyed reading alot of the horror stories though and it at least lets me now how lucky I have been not to be caught in one of those situations. Why can't the normal people find each other? We're obviously out there trying these things? Do we, as what we define normal, come across as dull and boring on these dating sites? Are people looking for something that doesn't exist?
Just some random thoughts.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#156 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:08 AM

an awful lot of my friends think i'm wacko (yeah, yeah, i know. i can hear you people from here.....)

That reminds me of the 1st group dive trip organized through a web site back in 99. Everyone thought we were crazy. About 65 of us spent a week in Key Largo and had a blast. This past Sunday I was diving in Key Largo. A guy turns to me and asks, "Aren't you Walter?" He & his brother were on that trip 5½ years ago. Jay & his brother Don still live in Michigan and obviously still dive in Florida. It was good to see them again.

DSSW,

WWW™

#157 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:41 AM

I think James' story takes the cake. James, you have to tell yourself that the female parts were more evident than the male parts.

Any awards for starting the longest thread?

#158 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:49 AM

Any awards for starting the longest thread?

Even if there is, you're 1771 posts short.

DSSW,

WWW™

#159 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:29 AM

Most of them have been boring or just a little bit odd. I have enjoyed reading alot of the horror stories though and it at least lets me now how lucky I have been not to be caught in one of those situations. Why can't the normal people find each other?

Dan I love ya man...but I think you just 'whacked' a bunch of us on the site!!! :P

Not me of course... :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#160 jamesser

jamesser

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:43 AM

:diver:

Ya'all enjoying it, that's good because I would not put it out there if I was worried about taking heat for it.

Hey NOW, with 40 DD impalants the "female parts were more evident than the "male" parts which were not evident at all.

:P Ya'll know I'm wrapped and that's not the only reason ... :lmao:

I'm not even gonna touch on the subject of "If I were tempted or not" because that's for anouther thread!!!!!

Now on to the subject internet dating! I once met this fantastic lady, but not over the internet, in person. When I first met her I was involved with someone (physco, but arn't they all with me), latter I came across her profile on an internet dating site and expressed an interest. She had all the quanities one could ask for, great beauty, sharp mind, a very experianced diver etc.

Although we never went on a date, I can't talk too bad about that venue, although I do tease her a lot when I get the chance ..... :P

#161 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:56 AM

an awful lot of my friends think i'm wacko

the bottom line is you gotta go with what you're comfortable with.

So true TF! Some of my friends think I'm really strange to have an extended internet family. In the end, it's whatever you're comfortable with, and if you don't put yourself out there... you just never know what you might be missing. And, who's to say that my perfect match is lurking at my local hangouts.... and the only men beating my door down are the pizza guys, and most of them aren't even out of high school!

#162 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:54 PM

...and the only men beating my door down are the pizza guys, and most of them aren't even out of high school!

Don't judge too hastily, Katie....
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#163 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

Why can't the normal people find each other? We're obviously out there trying these things? Do we, as what we define normal, come across as dull and boring on these dating sites? Are people looking for something that doesn't exist?

It looks like us "normal people" are meeting and interacting here. :welcome:
I mostly work with men so you would think I would have it easy, but I have no desire to mix work and social life... So between work, and work... did I mention work, I find it really hard to meet people I want to spend time with.
And yes, I am either told that I am dull and boring or too much of a challange..
Excuse me for not being a helpless, brainless twit :welcome:

Edited by gis_gal, 17 February 2005 - 01:37 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#164 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:46 PM

Why can't the normal people find each other? We're obviously out there trying these things? Do we, as what we define normal, come across as dull and boring on these dating sites? Are people looking for something that doesn't exist?

It looks like us "normal people" are meeting and interacting here. :welcome:

Absolutely the best way to go. When I started to dive, I looked at it also as another way to get out and meet people. (I'm 3 years divorced btw) Thanks Kamala for starting this up! Whether you hook up or not, this is a much more fun and intersting way to meet people. I met more "normal" people in three days than I have in three years. And the major, similar interest is all ready in place. The SO must be a diver.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#165 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:06 PM

Absolutely the best way to go. When I started to dive, I looked at it also as another way to get out and meet people. (I'm 3 years divorced btw) Thanks Kamala for starting this up! Whether you hook up or not, this is a much more fun and intersting way to meet people. I met more "normal" people in three days than I have in three years. And the major, similar interest is all ready in place. The SO must be a diver.

The ex was a OW certified diver but only wanted to dive on vacations.. Once I did the AOW cert.. He lost it... So I lost him :welcome:
Well there is more to the story but don't have that much time.....
Been single going on 7 years now. Last bf was a non diver :dltears: .. So YES next bf had got to have at least an OW Cert. or he won't get date 1 out of me. I have got to Master diver level and look to DM ASAP so it would be nice to find someone with similar dive experience or at least dive desire..
A girls got to have standards :welcome:
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users