• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Let's make our suggestions known...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#46 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:04 PM

All,

I wanted to relate my experiences on S.D. trips (I've been on a couple and am signed up for a couple more) so that people can see a different view of things. First let me tell everyone that I have only been diving for little over a year, and my very first dive trip was with S.D. As my first trip I wanted to do the NC wreck trip, but was advised by WW that I would not be able to do that trip as I need to be at least an AOW before doing that trip (and had only just gotten certified).

For my first trip I went to Roatan. I was the newest diver on the trip, but no one made me feel like a newbie. Everyone offered suggestions, helped with questions and made me feel comfortable. My dive partner was WW. She made sure that I was comfortable with each dive and that I was ok. When we were not diving we hung out and talked, some folks had a cocktail, and generally just had fun.

My second trip was this last April to Saba. By then I had passed my AOW, but still was one of the new divers. Again, I was very comfortable. Everyone offered suggestions when asked, helped with questions, and made me feel comfortable. My dive partner changed, but I was always comfortable with my buddy. Again in the evening when were not diving we hung out and enjoyed each others company.

One of the things that makes S.D. trips S.D. trips for me is how comfortable I feel on the trip. This is do to the following things:

1) Everyone is very nice and willing to share suggestions, comments, ideas when asked.
2) The people are there to have a good time. I have been on non-diving trips where it seemed some folks only wanted to be there to do their own thing and didn't care what the group wanted to do. That's fine if you know that up frong, but in my experience this made for a very long trip. :dltears:
3). The group lead gave folks options of things to do, but didn't force anyone to do every activity. I appriciate that because during both trips there where things that I did and didn't want to do. This makes the trip flexible for everyone. Again, I have not always had that experience when traveling.

As for suggestions, there are always things that can make stuff better. Here are a couple that I have:
1) I agree that a receipt would be good. It makes everyone feel more comfortable knowing that their money got to the right place. To me this can simply be an email back comfirming payment, or a mailed piece of paper. I just like to be sure that my $$$ made it to the right place and for the right thing.
2) A way to make it easier for the leader to match roommates and dive buddies up. This mostly is to ease her work. This is never been much of an issue for me, but I could see how it could be.
3) Keep the list of current trips in the "View New Posts". Sometimes I don't get to the site every day and being able to check status on a trip that I am doing is a key thing that I always look for when I visit.

Honestly I like the community and have enjoyed the trips that I have been on. I'm also very excited about the trips that I am signed up for.

I'm sorry to hear that someone had a bad experience on one of the trips, and knowing WW I'm sure that she will do everything she can to fix the problem.

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#47 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

So the reason you may not see people post who were on the FLorida trip, is they were given the opportunity to get their feedback to those who can make changes and not to everyone on the board - just my 2 psi. [emphasis added by ShamuLovesMe]

Nevertheless, I think it would be beneficial for the details of what went wrong on that trip (and steps that management will make to avoid similar problems in the future) to be made public:

1. There's lots of rumor and innuendo flying around the site about that trip. If no concrete facts are provided, then such gossip and hearsay will be the only information available. Without hard facts to confirm or deny the rumors, the rumors will only multiply.

2. If the problems and solutions are kept private, only between the complainants and management, some people (including yours truly) will not feel comfortable putting up money to go on a SD trip. Without full disclosure, I'd feel like someone's hiding something, and wonder if it would be prudent to put up a lot of money for a trip. But if the facts are made known, and management publicly addresses steps that will be taken to avoid similar problems, then more people (again, including yours truly) will put more trust into management.

Whether or not these suggestions are considered, and whether or not I end up going on any SD trips, I will continue to enjoy the camaraderie of the message board, which is what attracted me in the first place.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:51 PM

Again, thank you for all your questions and concerns. I am in the process of addressing the concerns raised about how SD runs trips. Please give me time to do so.

Matters of a confidential nature will remain confidential. However I can assure you that all matters related to how SD runs trips and how SD functions will be addressed.

I agree that members should know as much as possible about how we operate, however I am certain that some people will adopt a 'wait and see' attitude to see if future trips encounter problems. We have run approximately 12 or 13 trips in our first 15 months with predominately positive response. However, we have encountered growth issues and growing pains in recent months and those issues will be addressed.

Thank you, WW

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:56 PM

I will summarize the main points in the thread and then address them individually with possible resolutions or plans for resolution by close of business tomorrow.

Is it close of business yet? Just wondering.

Kalama, please check your PM's, mail, e-mails and voice messages. Not only mine but others also. Would you mind exercising the common courtesy to respond. There are several of us that need to get some things resolved. We're still waiting on answers, resolutions, receipts, an invoice from Senior Tech and money you owe us.

You’re continued dismissal of our requests and our good faith efforts to resolve the more critical elements of your business practices privately is forcing us to look to an alternative method of action. Your continued refusal to respond has led us to take this first step by posting this request publicly. We hope these issues may be resolved amicably without further delay.

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

I will summarize the main points in the thread and then address them individually with possible resolutions or plans for resolution by close of business tomorrow.

Is it close of business yet? Just wondering.

Kalama, please check your PM's, mail, e-mails and voice messages. Not only mine but others also. Would you mind exercising the common courtesy to respond. There are several of us that need to get some things resolved. We're still waiting on answers, resolutions, receipts, an invoice from Senior Tech and money you owe us.

You’re continued dismissal of our requests and our good faith efforts to resolve the more critical elements of your business practices privately is forcing us to look to an alternative method of action. Your continued refusal to respond has led us to take this first step by posting this request publicly. We hope these issues may be resolved amicably without further delay.

Richard I have responded to your request for information. Please send me your fax number and I will fax the information to you tomorrow. Your invoice for repairs to your regs have been adjusted as agreed upon so you can send me the balance that you owe at your earliest convenience.

As many of you can imagine I've rec'd a fair share of correspondence while I was in Florida over the holiday weekend, this past week and of course while at SeaSpace this past weekend.

I have been working hard to catch up on all open correspondence and will do so as rapidly as possible.

I regret that I have not met the 'close of business' deadline today but I have sent my thoughts to the other admins and wish to obtain their input prior to posting responses to the concerns raised in this thread.

Thank you, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#51 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:23 PM

Kamala,

Obviously I don't speak for everybody but I realize how busy you are and I hope others can cut you a little slack. Everybody chill out.

#52 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:37 PM

Kamala,

Obviously I don't speak for everybody but I realize how busy you are and I hope others can cut you a little slack. Everybody chill out.

Ditto...what Chuck said!!
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#53 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

thank you Chuck!

#54 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

Your invoice for repairs to your regs have been adjusted as agreed upon so you can send me the balance that you owe at your earliest convenience.

Kamala,

Thanks. Please send Johns' invoice and his contact info to the fax number you have in the PM boxes. However, as a point of clairification if you check your figures you'll see that the net balance is in my favor....we can work this out over the faxes.

RB

#55 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

Not that I believe over the course of these last 4 pages the horse has been beaten to death over and over and over again with numerous claw, deadblow, and sledge hammers. The poor horse's carcus lie still and lifeless on the ground; it does not draw breath. From these last 4 pages, A new and better understanding which hath been beaten into it shall give it strenght again to rise with a new more direct light and path for which to go.

Personally (attacking nobody), I'm sick of hearing a bunch of adults piss and moan like a bunch of children who can't play with there favorite toy.

I do believe tho that it should be a debated and on going fourm for posting seen problems and the suggest solutions to those problems.

If you don't do business a certain way, don't do business. I got no problem with that. If you have been wronged, there are solutions to resolve those problems. If you don't receive a receipt for your goods or money, don't turn over your goods or money if that is not the way you do business or believe in good faith.

Things will look to a brighter future, keep the faith my friend - keep the faith.

Now can we go to another thread - I'm tired.

Edited by Trimix2dive, 07 June 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#56 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

Regarding the innuendos toward those of us who are "not patient" and need to chill a bit. If some were fully aware of things happening behind the scenes you would more than understand that a great deal of patience, restraint and tolerance have already been and continue to be exercised.

#57 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:34 PM

If some were fully aware of things happening behind the scenes you would more than understand that a great deal of patience, restraint and tolerance have already been and continue to be exercised.

Simple reflection, with nothing personally ment to any individual.

There is a great and understood unwritten law in business - In all cases, the customer is right. And, make it right by the customer. You, the customer, are right. I don't believe anyone is asking anyone to "chill out", pop pills, or do yoga and chants in the corner, you and others patience is to be applauded. Keep the pressure on for change till you feel you have been righted, and the solution remedied to your satisfaction.

And trust me those that think I'm jumping on the SDlove express train, I'm not. Every organization has its inherant problems and growing pains, greater inhanced by economies of scale of which it undertakes.

Now with that said, I do business the way I do business. And, I have not been wronged by this SD social and travel organization business (with clarification I have never been on a purchased trip, or had equipment repaired). I have just enjoyed the local outings and the hospitality of the locals (well most), oh yeah those Houstonians (most of the, too). (just kidding houstonians, your all good folks no matter what HPD says about ya)

I think of it this way.
I see the missing spokes in the wheel on the bike on which I ride. I have many choices, currently I choose to enjoy the bike with the little bumpy ride till the boss man finds some more spokes for the wheel. Why to I ride, despite my sore ass,
- I still like the bike on which I ride.

I'm tired - I'm going home. Nite all.

#58 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

ok Kiddies.. I am getting a bit weary of my voice mail, my pm's, my im's and my email being blow up by the unhappy huddled masses...

So here I go.. Please if you have no clue what is going Shut the heck up sit down and wait till someone calls on you to ask for your input.

If you have a compliant or concern then by all means address them. If you don't have one then leave it alone.

While I am sure that Kamala is grateful for your support, and I know that she is because she has told me so. You need to stay out of it before you make it worse than it is.

The less unimportant chatter on this thread the better. It is a lot for those who are working to effect change, the management and the people with issues to wade through on here without all the BS of those who are clueless.

Once again your support is appriecated. But leave all the extra bunk off....
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#59 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

ok Kiddies..

Shut the heck up sit down and wait till someone calls on you to ask for your input.

You need to stay out of it before you make it worse than it is.

Look Kiddies...

FYI to the clueless and uniformed....

If you don't know what is going you need to sit down and be quiet...

Childish name calling and such things is not what this thead was started for.

...the BS of those who are clueless.

Edited by David Evans, 08 June 2005 - 12:07 AM.

"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#60 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:38 AM

ok Kiddies..

Shut the heck up sit down and wait till someone calls on you to ask for your input.

You need to stay out of it before you make it worse than it is.

Look Kiddies...

FYI to the clueless and uniformed....

If you don't know what is going you need to sit down and be quiet...

Childish name calling and such things is not what this thead was started for.

...the BS of those who are clueless.

David, thanks for highlighting these comments. Kay, you've earned the term "Angel" on this board, but I haven't seen your wings for awhile. A little sugar would go much further than all that vinegar.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users