• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Men: What do you like?

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#31 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:14 PM

i don't think of it as an insecurity thing, as a question of social expectations and how they are evolving. i know WW, SH, and some of the other dallasites. we've compared notes, and it seems like a trend in dating that fluctuates. it's not really insecurity. i don't watch "perfect love" dvds eating hagen daas (mango ice cream...yummy!)...more so i take risks or go with the popular bestseller and if they pan out, great...if not then i'm not one to sit at home in my pjs wondering why the relationship didn't work out. however, i do like to discuss it with people to see what their ideas are and what other things they've tried. i still :cool2: everyone, and i like hearing how the guys are responding positively...but we all KNOW that the men on sd.com are a rare, gentlemenly breed! :D

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

you guys are too funny, albeit a bit insecure with yourselves it seems.

Are you referring to the guys as in males or guys as in slang for guys and gals????

Hey WW, hit on me and see what happens  :D

Hmmm....and what trip did you say you would be on???? :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:33 PM

hah! i feel sorry for you, kevin...you invited a well-trained lady to hit you! :cool2:

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:46 PM

hah! i feel sorry for you, kevin...you invited a well-trained lady to hit you! :cool2:

Ssssh! Grasshopper....you'll let all my secrets out of the bag!!! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 nycamico

nycamico

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:OW 2, Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:57 PM

Wow- come back after a morning post and all hell has broken loose. Thanks for the insights but I must say I'm more confused than ever! Very mixed bag of responses here. I agree with not being deceitful, but surely a little fabrication like you look familiar isn't so bad? Just to start a conversation? I'd be flattered if someone tried it on me, and this is only in a setting where there is really no other reason to speak- not at a party or social event.

As far as men wanting to be the hunter- and not calling back or dropping out of sight- absolutely no clue. Total bone headed avoidance of confrontation and honesty I guess. I had a guy I had been seeing for a few weeks agree to come over to my house for dinner, then not show up, ignore his cell phone and ignore his messages at home! I've never heard from him or seen him again, and yes I know he is not dead because a friend saw him. Really lousy behavior, and certainly no great loss for me. Incomprehensible caddishness though.
:cool2:

#36 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

but we all KNOW that the men on sd.com are a rare, gentlemenly breed! :D

WOW... Thanks! :cool2:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#37 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

Nycamico- inexcusable behavior on his part. I've had the same thing happen with a few ladies over the years (although a rare event).

I can always walk up to someone at the dive park and say "Don't I know you from somewhere" because I don't dive with my glasses! Heck they could be blonde, brunette or even (gasp) a redhead. Actually my vision isn't that bad, but it's a good excuse.

Dr. B.

Edited by drbill, 10 May 2004 - 06:59 PM.

#38 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

Carpe manum. Go for it!

carpe erinum????

#39 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:01 PM

Actually my vision isn't that bad, but it's a good excuse.

Dr. B.

how good is your braille? :D

#40 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:10 PM

Carpe manum. Go for it!

carpe erinum????

Geez... your latin is as bad as mine! :D

#41 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

Geez... your latin is as bad as mine! :D

hey, watch it...i remember the latin root to an awful lot of body parts..........

#42 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:43 PM

Somehow, (as ladies, I am NOT Robert Redford or Brad Pitt here) I seem to "luck" into women that hit on me. Actually it is not a mystery, my confidence in approaching a woman romantically is not existant. I seldom try and typically when I do, I am so awkward at it that the smoke is coming out the engines and my pilot is reaching for the EJECT lever before I open my mouth, LOL.

I have said no to a couple because I knew that they were married and wanted some action on the side and I am not into that. One I let chase me down to find out two months into the relationship that she was married (That one really bothered me!). One was the shortest chase that I have been involved in and I am still paying for that one!

A couple of others were obvious "barracudas" from the word go and I get the distinct impression that if they would have got me where they wanted me, I would have been unable to do much.

Do I mind agressive women? No, I am flattered as a matter of fact if they are interested in dating me and they are so sure of what they want. Do I mind hyper-aggressive women? Yes, the thought of giving complete control of anything to another being just isn't my idea of a great deal.

Just some more of my thoughts!

And ladies, I am with Kevin. Try with me and see what happens? :teeth: You may be pleasantly surprised.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#43 oatmeal769

oatmeal769

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor, Tec Trimix
  • Logged Dives:1000 +

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:40 AM

I'll let you in on a secret of mine...
Every first opener with any woman I've ever 'walked up to' is a line. How could it be anything else, I don't even know her. I've learned a few better lines than 'Uhh huh huh, you're like, uhhh, cute and stuff... uhh huh huh." But they are still lines. The translation is 'Wow, You're really cute! I'd like a shot at getting to know you."'
I will walk right up to someone I don't know most of the time, (after sufficient mental preparation) if the attraction is there, as I've found NOT walking up to her to be a bigger regret than doing so. I will admit that I have been mercilessly shot down in flames most times, and sometimes let down easy, but it is worth it every time to know for sure.
I'd love it if more women made that move toward me.
It's happened before, and been really great. Even if I'm not interested or available, I think if someone has the meddle to do it, it speaks well about their character, and I will take the time to at least exchange pleasantries. I also think that most guys are more used to what it feels like to get blown out of the water, so we may be much more cool about letting someone down, if it's not right.

Good Luck! Uhhh huh huh... WHOA!!!
Jeff Schoonover
www.jetharness.com

#44 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:55 AM

Geez... your latin is as bad as mine!  ;)

hey, watch it...i remember the latin root to an awful lot of body parts..........

heheh, can we have a quiz???

;)
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#45 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:13 AM

As far as men wanting to be the hunter- and not calling back or dropping out of sight- absolutely no clue.

sorry, but I gotta say that I feel this view is wrong in the most part.

The only type of guy that loses interest when he is not the "hunter" is a guy that can't handle it when he is not the one in control (major sign of an inferiority complex IMHO).

For a strong woman, initiating contact is not improper at all.
(and something I find quite attractive ;) )
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users