• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flirting...

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#16 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:22 AM

Damm, Kim has never commented on my wetsuit :usflag: I think women get a lot more practice with the flirting and come back lines than men do.
If you don't know what flirting is you need to come on an SD trip :P

LA, you look damn good in that wetsuit!

#17 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

From my stand point of being married, you don't have to be single to flirt. It's fun, it's engauging, and enjoyable. I flirt with married women at work, wifes friends and the like. I am not out for anything other than the fun, if i were single perhaps there would be more too it. They too flirt back so it's a give and take, obviously this is done tastefully. :usflag:
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#18 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:43 PM

No I have Back In my good days you would have been laughing and smileing a whole lot more and not worried about your friend that showed up. You would have been alot more red faced and haveing alot more fun.

My friend that showed up? That was a minor heartbreak. What about my carpool buddy that left me stranded to go party with his buds while I had cold breakfast burritos for dinner? Barry, I don't remember the name of the other gentleman that stayed back with me that night, but believe me you both made my night a whole lot better than it was starting out to be. Thank you! :-)

From now on, I drive myself or carpool with someone I know to be reliable and is also there to dive.

Flirting is the human mating dance. Sometimes it's serious, sometimes it's merely practice. It should always be fun. How do you tell if it's for practice or serious? You don't, not at the start. Flirting will escalate. When it escalates, your flirting partner will eventually put on the brakes if they aren't serious. If you aren't serious, you'll back off. Most flirting is merely practice or feeling out the situation to see if it has potential. Flirting builds sexual tension, if tactfully done, that's a fun feeling.

So the important question here is: When we are on the receiving end, how do we know if it's serious, or just practice?

#19 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

Flirting is the human mating dance. Sometimes it's serious, sometimes it's merely practice. It should always be fun. How do you tell if it's for practice or serious? You don't, not at the start. Flirting will escalate. When it escalates, your flirting partner will eventually put on the brakes if they aren't serious. If you aren't serious, you'll back off. Most flirting is merely practice or feeling out the situation to see if it has potential. Flirting builds sexual tension, if tactfully done, that's a fun feeling.

So the important question here is: When we are on the receiving end, how do we know if it's serious, or just practice?

When it escalates, your flirting partner will eventually put on the brakes if they aren't serious.

If they don't put on the brakes, they're serious. They may or may not have the same goal, but they are serious.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#20 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

Just happens I stumbled on a relative article today... you can read it
here. It's called "Stop Hitting on Me!" It's about getting the slip and giving the slip when you realize it's more than just a general interest AND it's unwanted.

Edited by Twinklez, 10 December 2005 - 01:52 PM.

#21 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

Just happens I stumbled on a relative article today... you can read it
here. It's called "Stop Hitting on Me!" It's about getting the slip and giving the slip when you realize it's more than just a general interest AND it's unwanted.

I wish someone would flirt with me :anna:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#22 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

I wish someone would flirt with me

Wow, Finley... you sure look good in that mask and fins... but shouldn't you put something on in between the two? Oops, did I step over the line? What line? I don't need no stinking lines (except pick-up ones). Oops, I must still be narc'ed.

Edited by drbill, 11 December 2005 - 08:37 PM.

#23 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

Wow, Finley... you should look good in that mask and fins... but shouldn't you put something on in between the two? Oops, did I step over the line? What line? I don't need no stinking lines (except pick-up ones). Oops, I must still be narc'ed.

Well since you brought it up...what about those "lines"? I was wondering, but didn't want to bring it up and get all serious about a lighthearted and fun subject. Flirting is fun and harmless. So just remember ladies and guys alike, if you're going to dish it out, don't be offended if someone tells you how your A$$ looks in a wetsuit. What I have noticed is that some women have no problem talking amongst themselves and in mixed company about that guys nice ________ (fill in the blank), but those same women would call a guy a sexist pig, if he were to mention a womens nice _________. Just for the record, if anyone wants to comment on how nice any part of my anatomy looks in or out of a wetsuit, I won't be offended. :anna:

#24 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

Wow, Finley... you should look good in that mask and fins... but shouldn't you put something on in between the two? Oops, did I step over the line? What line? I don't need no stinking lines (except pick-up ones). Oops, I must still be narc'ed.

HMMMMM...the dr. sure talks a good game.....
but seriously....flirting is fun...and I think it is easy to tell if it is "practice" as Walter terms it.....be nice and play.....

Well since you brought it up...what about those "lines"? I was wondering, but didn't want to bring it up and get all serious about a lighthearted and fun subject. Flirting is fun and harmless. So just remember ladies and guys alike, if you're going to dish it out, don't be offended if someone tells you how your A$$ looks in a wetsuit. What I have noticed is that some women have no problem talking amongst themselves and in mixed company about that guys nice ________ (fill in the blank), but those same women would call a guy a sexist pig, if he were to mention a womens nice _________. Just for the record, if anyone wants to comment on how nice any part of my anatomy looks in or out of a wetsuit, I won't be offended. :anna:

Oh guys...please make any positive comments you have or can dream up...I'm game :wacko:

#25 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

DrBill,

I have a set of doubles for you to try out!!

is that crossing the line?

#26 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:50 PM

DrBill,

you go girl!

#27 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

DrBill,

you go girl!

:wacko:

#28 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:13 AM

DrBill,

All you've got to do is visit Catalina...and hey, you even get to dive! Now I, on the other hand, opted to keep my doubles to myself, but the diving was wonderful and the company was terrific!

:wacko:

#29 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:57 AM

FinGrabber- a set of doubles? Not sure why I'd need them, but I'll "bite" (ask Tina, I have a great set of fangs).

Tina- thanks. It was fun to dive with you, too. And I was such a gentleman... damn!

#30 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:48 AM

Well said Walter. Flirting should be fun. :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users