• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/PA Tri-state July HH

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#76 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:52 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear about your losses. But glad you'll be joining us. :D

Do you need me to bring another grill? I have a gas table top one. It's not big but it can grill maybe 5 or 6 hamburgers at a time.

Shrimp kabobs. OK. It's set. I'm going. Trace and shrimp!! Who could resist? Even if the water is cold and yucky. :D

I was freediving at Dutch Springs today and the surface was like bath water and down deep it was cool. I'll be scuba diving there tomorrow so I'll let everyone know the temperatures.

~ Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#77 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

I still want to fulfill my barbecure duties. Maybe I'll do a barbecure clinic... (top ten barbecue mistakes, how to treat grease burns, forest fire control, etc.). :D

We just have to schedule separate times for barbecue and diving activities.

Since you're the grillmaster, Monte, I'm requesting permission to bring shrimp kabobs.

Rick
:D

Absolutely Rick, I need all the help I can get.

Just don't invite those hungry pirate seagulls from Newport.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#78 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:28 PM

Hi, Ellen!

I'm still around despite the efforts of sharks trying to kill me and former Miss Fitness NJ's breaking my heart. I'll have to tell you the story about losing my favorite surfboard and my fiancee in the same week.

(Note to all about the HH Clinic: It was decided that I really shouldn't do anything formal so I'm just showing up to dive, but if anyonewants to learn anything, I'd be glad to help people out with gear, skills or questions.)

~ Trace

Wow. Sorry to hear about your losses. But glad you'll be joining us. :banghead:

Do you need me to bring another grill? I have a gas table top one. It's not big but it can grill maybe 5 or 6 hamburgers at a time.

Shrimp kabobs. OK. It's set. I'm going. Trace and shrimp!! Who could resist? Even if the water is cold and yucky. :fish2:

:cool1: I agree! Shrimp kabobs, Trace, and Ellen at the HH will be an irresistible combo! :D I guess I know who you want to tent with, Ellen! :cool1: Can't say I blame you! And please, do bring another gas grill! :welcome:

#79 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:57 PM

I was freediving at Dutch Springs today and the surface was like bath water and down deep it was cool. I'll be scuba diving there tomorrow so I'll let everyone know the temperatures.

~ Trace

So, how were the water temps this weekend?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#80 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:40 AM

~ Trace

So, how were the water temps this weekend?

Mid 70's at the surface and 60°F below the first thermocline and 50's to 80 feet.

~ Trace
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:59 AM

.... Thanks for your offer. Any interest in cooking as well? ...

Sure, I'll cook.

If you put a couple more people in that tent of yours, it will be hot enough we won't even need a grill :D

Now THAT is what I'm afraid of!! I'm thinking I'll have to make sure she has an all girl slumber tent...afterall it wouldn't be fair to the guys...unless she and Ellen want to name their own 'cabana boy'!!!

GA_WD...are you ready to open up Cabana Boy applications? We just did that in NC and it was a blast...and the gals had a great time too! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#82 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:44 AM

GA_WD...are you ready to open up Cabana Boy applications? We just did that in NC and it was a blast...and the gals had a great time too! :cool2:

Yes, he had a great time with our two Cabana BoysRoommates.jpg . Here is proof :cool2:

#83 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:46 AM

GA_WD...are you ready to open up Cabana Boy applications? We just did that in NC and it was a blast...and the gals had a great time too! :cool2:

Yes, he had a great time with our two Cabana BoysRoommates.jpg . Here is proof :diver:

Now that is one cute cabana boy! You gals were lucky! Can I just take him and skip the application process? :cool2:

I give Trace first dibs on sharing a tent with me, Ellen and any other lovely SD ladies who attend. Oh, Tent Boy! :diver:

#84 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:25 AM

Trace and I have a strictly professional relationship. I think I'm old enough to be his mother. :cool2: I was in high school when he was born.

#85 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:28 AM

Yes, he had a great time with our two Cabana BoysRoommates.jpg . Here is proof :diver:

Now that is one cute cabana boy! You gals were lucky! Can I just take him and skip the application process? :cool2:

I give Trace first dibs on sharing a tent with me, Ellen and any other lovely SD ladies who attend. Oh, Tent Boy! :diver:

Are you afraid of the Dutch Springs Crawling Killer War Guppy?

Trace

Edited by TraceMalin, 13 July 2006 - 07:31 AM.

Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#86 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

I give Trace first dibs on sharing a tent with me, Ellen and any other lovely SD ladies who attend. Oh, Tent Boy! :D

Are you afraid of the Dutch Springs Crawling Killer War Guppy?

Trace

Yes, as a matter of fact! It's why I've never dove DS before! :twist: I fully intend to call upon your services to chase that guppy (It is a male guppy, right? You don't want competition when it comes to the ladies, do you?) away to make it safe for us lovely SD ladies to enjoy your company underwater and topside, too! Does anyone have a portable hot tub for our tent they can bring? :cool2:

#87 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

Trace, once again I'm going to plan on attending although I may be only able to swing Sunday. If I make it I'll bring the drysuit and scooter and actually enjoy the 50 degree temp.

Whats the deplth...?

#88 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

If I make it I'll bring the drysuit and scooter and actually enjoy the 50 degree temp.

Good, get those drysuit dives in Vinny! Remember, the Great Lakes and the PNW are calling!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#89 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

Trace, once again I'm going to plan on attending although I may be only able to swing Sunday. If I make it I'll bring the drysuit and scooter and actually enjoy the 50 degree temp.

Whats the deplth...?

For you and me 110' will be a "let's see what the temp is" dive and we'll do the grand tour. I'll show you some real wrecks few people know about.

Trace

Edited by TraceMalin, 13 July 2006 - 04:02 PM.

Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#90 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hi, All!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the HH. I just found out that I have to work during that weekend. :cool2:

But don't worry--the HH is still on! :birthday: Details on who will be leading this fine group are forthcoming.

I hope you all have fun at Dutch Springs. Enjoy the diving, the food, the company, and the camping! :twist:

Best,

Jemiah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users