• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dates from Hell

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#31 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:32 AM

Dejah is correct about the LIES. One person I met was obviously older than his photo. When I questioned him, he said "I took 15-20 years off my age and the photos is that old also, how else am I going to date younger women". I knew women lied about their age, but men - well I was surprised.

And yes, after my first meeting I didn't wait two months to meet someone. I also talked to them on the phone, I would call blocking my number and if there wasn't any interest, there was no meeting. And let's see there were about 7 times where we decided to met and then for some reason never heard from again - could it be that they were the married ones?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:34 AM

Another unsolved mystery.....

I think there was a 'train' involved...I'll have to do more investigating! :birthday:

Okay Kamala, send out the team! :dance:

Roger that! :twist:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:44 AM

Dejah is correct about the LIES. One person I met was obviously older than his photo. When I questioned him, he said "I took 15-20 years off my age and the photos is that old also, how else am I going to date younger women". I knew women lied about their age, but men - well I was surprised.

And yes, after my first meeting I didn't wait two months to meet someone. I also talked to them on the phone, I would call blocking my number and if there wasn't any interest, there was no meeting. And let's see there were about 7 times where we decided to met and then for some reason never heard from again - could it be that they were the married ones?

OK this is what confuses me about the internet dating stuff.. If you lie about your age or being single....Don't they think we will notice???? I don't want to get to know the fake you... I want a friend/relationship with the REAL you... I am honest about me.. I find it crude but do have more respect for those that state up front that they are not in this for a relationship just relations...or admit that they are married but still looking... Won't date them. but kudo's for the truth. Oh and don't want to meet the "Lil guy" before or on the first date... Not a prude but all things in due time.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#34 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:26 PM

Quite elementary, my dear ladies, the "gentlemen" were probably married.

Uuuggg! I feel like I just got punched in the stomach. I certainly hope that isn't the case with him.

That's ok, I felt the same way when I couldn't figure out why a gal I met via a personal ad (back in the days of pre-internet, the dating services used a combination of personal ads and voice mail boxes) only reluctantly met with me one time, dodged the issue of doing things together at that one meeting, and all the rest of the time she only wanted to yak on the phone. I kept asking her and she kept dodging the issue. Finally told her point-blank that I had no desire to continue the relationship in this manner. I mentioned this to a lady friend who gave me the bad news in the same way, she was probably married. And yes, I also felt like I was punched in the gut.

Back to dates from hell. I can't think of a specific date I was actually on, only why I split with my last girlfriend, which I'm not going to do.

Close as I can get are "dates from hell" that never were. I was being interviewed by a gal on the phone, who asked the usual questions on what I looked like, etc, which are ok, but one question killed it. "Do you have a full head of hair?" I laughed and said "yes I do, but the question tells me you have some very superficial standards, so I don't think I'm interested." Sorry, but that's almost as bad as wanting to know the size of my appendage, really stupid.

On another occasion, same situation, different gal. She asked the usual, but then started getting weird. She asked me what's in my kitchen. Puzzled, I just said something like "well, knives, forks, cooking stuff". She then asked what's in my refrigerator. Again I was puzzled, and just said "I'm not sure, food, beverage, some other stuff...?" She then asked if I had any Crisco. I replied "I don't think so, why, are you going to come over and cook me something?" She then asked what's in my bathroom. Again, I had no clue where this was going, but was getting a little suspicious, so I just said "well, toothpaste and what not, but why do you want to know?" She then said "I'm trying to find out if you have any lubricant, I like to turn guys on over the phone."

I blew up at her. "YOU STUPID BI***! HOW DARE YOU?!! JUST WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?!! GO FIND SOME STUPID, HORNY PERVERT FOR THAT CRAP!!

Silence, then I hung up. I think I scared her.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#35 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:54 PM

So then...what's the size of your appendange???? and just what IS an appendage?
Dating?? what the heck is that??? Been so long I forget who gets tied up... I think it's the midget right?
Sempar Partus!!

#36 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:10 PM

So then...what's the size of your appendange???? and just what IS an appendage?
Dating?? what the heck is that??? Been so long I forget who gets tied up... I think it's the midget right?

Aka short arm, best friend, lizard, hose, weasle. I don't know the size since the true end of it is inside my body.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#37 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:42 PM

"I'm trying to find out if you have any lubricant, I like to turn guys on over the phone."

You now it's really too bad we couldn't hook up the people with like minded issues. Like this woman, you could say, "I have this platonic girlfriend and she met this sicko. Here is his number. You'll get along." And match the woman with the 10year old photo with the man with a 15 year old photo. If we could just weed out the people who spell 'come' with three letters, then the relatively normal people would keep trying for longer and maybe find their true love.

Ok, off soapbox now.

When I was doing the internet thing, I got a message from this guy that wanted to strip for me. But no sex. Y'll remember the Saturday Night Live skit where the big guy did a striptease? I remember he bumped this large chair around the room with his hips. That's what I thought of.

#38 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:33 PM

It seems he has dropped off the face of the earth.

Sorry to hear that, darlin'. I remember you were excited about the possibilities.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#39 Funewgy

Funewgy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:40 PM

And I told him he knew my rule: No kissing on the first date! (It is a great way to make sure no one feels uncomfortable) I guess he didnt like No, so he grabbed me and kissed me anyway. I was too shocked for words. And I just said, "Good Night John!", got in my car and went home.

I was so hoping that your story was going to end with you kicking him in the nuts...ALL THREE OF THEM!!! He deserved that and more...perhaps a one-on-one conversation with a local judge. Last I checked, his actions were borderline assault. Glad you walked away safely in the end.
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call" -- J. Buffett

#40 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:41 PM

And I told him he knew my rule: No kissing on the first date! (It is a great way to make sure no one feels uncomfortable) I guess he didnt like No, so he grabbed me and kissed me anyway. I was too shocked for words. And I just said, "Good Night John!", got in my car and went home.

I was so hoping that your story was going to end with you kicking him in the nuts...ALL THREE OF THEM!!! He deserved that and more...perhaps a one-on-one conversation with a local judge. Last I checked, his actions were borderline assault. Glad you walked away safely in the end.

The best ideas always come after the fact. Oh well, but was another lessoned learned in life. It has happened before, the point is, that you learn to make sure it never happens again. Maybe that is why I am so apprehensive. Who knows? But I am glad I left safely. People like him is why I never give out my home address. Too many crazies. Which is unfortunate because I know that there are honest and decent people out there. When I first started on the net, or the Bulletin Boards when I began, I use to be very free with info: name, address, phone number, where I worked, etc. YOUNG AND UNKNOWING! Now I know better. That mistake led to a real life stalker. And you only gain insight through experience. It is that natural instinct that drove me to learn more about that kind of person and the actual information available on the net so I wouldnt make the same mistake twice.

As for three balls, well, I believe that what goes around comes around. you just have to hope that people like that can overcome their downfalls and eventually become better people. I wish him no ill will, just that he realizes that you can not treat people that way.
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#41 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:09 PM

you just have to hope that people like that can overcome their downfalls and eventually become better people. I wish him no ill will, just that he realizes that you can not treat people that way.

Well said, Mishelle!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#42 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:49 PM

As for three balls, well, I believe that what goes around comes around.

Indeed! If you look at the animated GIF in Marvel's signature line above, you'll see the third ball gets what's coming to him! :welcome:

#43 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:01 PM

I did go on a blind date with a young lady who was a militant vegetarian.

I would think that would be something that would be mentioned pre-date. I bet that no matter how attractive she is, she rarely goes out on second dates. She probably spent a lot of time complaining about men in general being scum.

There is an organization here in Houston called "It's Just Lunch" which sets singles up in lunch dates. They once shared a story of one of the lunch dates they set up which ended in a complete disaster.

Evidently, they set up a couple who otherwise might have been fine together except for two "small" hitches. The woman was a strong proponent of gun control while the man was an avid hunter. As you can guess, some serious fireworks erupted, they got into a shouting match so intense that the restaurant threw them out and told them to never return again.

Since then, they do ask their clients to reveal any personal political and/or religious views which they feel very strongly about and would have problems with a date who felt the opposite way.
-Mitch-

#44 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

As for three balls, well, I believe that what goes around comes around.

Indeed! If you look at the animated GIF in Marvel's signature line above, you'll see the third ball gets what's coming to him! :welcome:

:taz: :teeth: :thankyou: You are too funny!
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#45 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

Luckily, I haven't had too many that I would classify as "from hell", but I could write a book on first and second dates that never led to a third!

But, here is the one from hell that my friends love to remind me of:

I was introduced to an attractive doctor at a housewarming party. We talked for hours, and he seemed like a really sweet guy, with a great personality. We met once for a drink, met once for dinner out, and met for dinner and a basketball game (I'm sort of weird about wanting to meet out the first few times, instead of having a man come to my house until I am comfortable with him). All seemed to be going well, so I accepted an offer for him to cook dinner for me at his house (I'm a sucker for a man who can cook!).

I should have known something was amiss when I got to the gaurded gate entrance to his sprawling neighborhood, and the guard stopped me and said "It's great to see you again... you're going to Dr. ___'s house, right?" Of course I had never been there. Anyway, dinner was great - conversation was great. He took me on a tour of his house. Just outside of the master bedroom, I excused myself to go to the restroom. When I got out, he called for me to meet him in the bedroom by the fireplace. Uh. My nervous antennas went up slightly, but hey, he seemed like such a nice guy up to this point - and had been such a gentleman (key words HAD BEEN). I found him completely naked stretched out on the couch in the bedroom in front of the fireplace. Uh. HELLOOOOO!!!?!!? When I said I really wasn't comfortable with the situation, he got really irritated and as he put on a pair of shorts, told me that I was a tease... coming over to his house, letting him make dinner for me... (I'mthinking... you've GOT to be kidding!). I didn't say two words (I couldn't think of two polite ones to say), but that was, without doubt, the end of the evening.

Two months later I saw him on the 6:00 evening local news - he had just pled "not guilty" to three counts of sexual misconduct filed by one of his patients. Turns out that this was the second of what would be four separate arrests for similar charges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users