• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dates from Hell

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#46 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:38 AM

I found him completely naked stretched out on the couch in the bedroom in front of the fireplace. Uh. HELLOOOOO!!!?!!? When I said I really wasn't comfortable with the situation, he got really irritated and as he put on a pair of shorts, told me that I was a tease... coming over to his house, letting him make dinner for me... (I'mthinking... you've GOT to be kidding!). I didn't say two words (I couldn't think of two polite ones to say), but that was, without doubt, the end of the evening.

I just love it when the fault is ours!!! How dare we as women except an invite from a guy to have him cook us dinner... How could we not know that there is a payment expected later I'll cook dinner = you owe me sex after...
Maybe I will try this on my next date...You know... Hey, want to come over I will cook dinner and then demand that he not tease and just do what I want!! :welcome:
Again,, SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!!!! Simple really.....
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#47 mvillanueva

mvillanueva

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI. Varied diving to date: Freshwater wells, Catalina, Oahu, and Kona. And one night dive
  • Logged Dives:32!

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:48 AM

....I don't know the size since the true end of it is inside my body.

Now THERE'S an image!!!
Cap'n Lobo Stripper the Peglegless

#48 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:50 AM

Now THERE'S an image!!!

Again MV..You can be soooooo bad sometimes...
Hope your following my MOM advise... Up the vit C my friend... Miss the im's...
Have news to tell ya...
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#49 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:52 AM

Gee, there were seven members reading this thread when I looked. Must be an interesting topic.

Date from hell? I actually can't think of one that really qualifies (except perhaps the one I posted on earlier about the woman who visited me and just wanted sex... yes, I know guys, that doesn't sound like hell but it was close). Even on the dates that didn't click, there was conversation worth listening to and lessons to be learned. I view life like that... and rarely remember the "bad." Even the worst periods in my life offered enligtenment on how to live.

Of course like all of us, I'd like to have that date from heaven... and to find that ultimate buddy. But as they say, you usually have to kiss a lot of frogfish first.

Dr. Bill

PS- I guess I'm a little old-fashioned. I'd never "expect" sex on a first date. In fact, in almost all cases I'd probably not consider a second date if it was even suggested (I did make an exception back in the 70's and it worked out fine). I prefer to get to know any woman first before I sleep with her, and don't expect anything until the second date!

#50 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:58 AM

Can't say that I've ever had a date from hell because I'm very selective about who I go out with but of course the womans perception of the dates may differ.
I gave up on online dating, few are divers and most were not as advertized. :lmao:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#51 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

Several years ago, I got friendly with a barmaid. It took awhile to presuade her to go out, because she was getting divorced, and didn't want to get back into the dating scene. She finaly agreed to go out, and we set up a dinner at a real nice resturant, and movie date for her next day off. She was a week away from the divorce becoming final, and wanted to celebrate getting rid of an ugly 2 year marriage. I get all cleanedup, as opposed to my bar dress, and go and pick her up. She's all made up, wearing a nice dress, and a big smile on her face, and ready to go when I get there. The resturant is about 15 miles away, and when we get about half way there, she turns to me and says," my ex called last night, and he begged me to give him one more chance, and I said OK, so we're going to get back togather. If you want to call off our date, that's OK with me, I'll understand". I politely asked her why she didn't call me, or at least tell me before we left her place, and she said she still wanted to go out tonight, "because you're a wonderful person, and I really like you". Since I already had the dinner reservations, we did that, but not the movie.

A couple years later, her, her husban Andy and their son moved in next door to me. In less then a year of moving in, they were finally divorce. She wanted to get togather, but I declined the offer.
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#52 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

Now THERE'S an image!!!

It took me a while to figure out what you were getting at. I walked right into that one, gross! Let me re-word that. I meant that anatomically speaking, the true size would include the internal part that is just below the prostrate. Need a picture? http://uuhsc.utah.ed...en/maleanat.htm
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:41 AM

I gave up on online dating, few are divers and most were not as advertized. :lmao:

Is that why you never replied to my ad??? :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:42 AM

I had a marriage from hell - does that count for this thread?? :lmao:

#55 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:42 AM

I gave up on online dating, few are divers and most were not as advertized.  :lmao:

Yup.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:44 AM

Several years ago, I got friendly with a barmaid. It took awhile to presuade her to go out, because she was getting divorced, and didn't want to get back into the dating scene. She finaly agreed to go out, and we set up a dinner at a real nice resturant, and movie date for her next day off. She was a week away from the divorce becoming final, and wanted to celebrate getting rid of an ugly 2 year marriage. I get all cleanedup, as opposed to my bar dress, and go and pick her up. She's all made up, wearing a nice dress, and a big smile on her face, and ready to go when I get there. The resturant is about 15 miles away, and when we get about half way there, she turns to me and says," my ex called last night, and he begged me to give him one more chance, and I said OK, so we're going to get back togather. If you want to call off our date, that's OK with me, I'll understand". I politely asked her why she didn't call me, or at least tell me before we left her place, and she said she still wanted to go out tonight, "because you're a wonderful person, and I really like you". Since I already had the dinner reservations, we did that, but not the movie.

A couple years later, her, her husban Andy and their son moved in next door to me. In less then a year of moving in, they were finally divorce. She wanted to get togather, but I declined the offer.

Ya know...some people really do try to adhere to the adage that it is easier to salvage the relationship that you have then it is to start over again. MOST people opt for the latter, but not knowing all the circumstances...its nice to see some people try and save what they have. Of course if you are merely in denial and are beating a dead horse...then get off the rollar coaster and start moving your life forward! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#57 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:47 AM

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

#58 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:05 PM

I had a marriage from hell - does that count for this thread?? :diver:

Not really, I think we're talking about one-time happenstances, situations that are so outrageous that they have an amusing quality. That's why I didn't want to go into the reason I walked away from from my last girlfriend, even though I could reduce it all to a couple of sentences, there's nothing funny about it. Break-ups and divorce are usually just depressing. Glad you got out of it when you did.

There's even a book on hell dates, check it out: http://www.amazon.co...0245404-2542523

#59 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:44 PM

Wow, definitely a topic that is near and dear to my heart. My best friend and I used to do the internet dating thing and it is amazing what you can experience in that world. Seemingly, the most prevalent phenomenon is what my buddy ("Phillip Manor" in my sig line) refers to as the "older/fatter" syndrome. When you actually meet the women they are older or fatter than their pictures. We did come up with some great hard-and-fast rules, though (and I'm sure these apply to guys as well):
1) Never consider going out with a woman who doesn't post her picture.
2) If her picture is only of her face, there's a reason for that.
3) If she only has pictures of her partying with her friends, she's still a party-girl at heart and you'll never be able to have an emotionally intimate relationship with her.
4) If she posts pictures of her pets, she has attachment issues and you'll never be closer to her than them. If she has professional pics of her pets you have someone with a serious mental problem!
5) If she posts a "glamor shot" ... run. That's the absolute best she has ever looked in her life and she's trying to pass that off as her every day appearance.
6) If she posts a black-and-white head shot she's either a professional big cheese (a good thing) or an actress/model (a very bad thing). This is iffy ... make that distinction early.
7) Look carefully at attire and hairstyle, this can be a clue as to if the photo is from her '80s salad days.
8) If she's in a pic with her family, check out the other family members. Not only will this give you a feel for her gene pool, but see how they appear to feel about each other.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:51 PM

Wow, definitely a topic that is near and dear to my heart.  My best friend and I used to do the internet dating thing and it is amazing what you can experience in that world.  Seemingly, the most prevalent phenomenon is what my buddy ("Phillip Manor" in my sig line) refers to as the "older/fatter" syndrome.  When you actually meet the women they are older or fatter than their pictures.  We did come up with some great hard-and-fast rules, though (and I'm sure these apply to guys as well):
1) Never consider going out with a woman who doesn't post her picture. 
2) If her picture is only of her face, there's a reason for that.
3) If she only has pictures of her partying with her friends, she's still a party-girl at heart and you'll never be able to have an emotionally intimate relationship with her.
4) If she posts pictures of her pets, she has attachment issues and you'll never be closer to her than them.  If she has professional pics of her pets you have someone with a serious mental problem!
5) If she posts a "glamor shot" ... run.  That's the absolute best she has ever looked in her life and she's trying to pass that off as her every day appearance. 
6) If she posts a black-and-white head shot she's either a professional big cheese (a good thing) or an actress/model (a very bad thing).  This is iffy ... make that distinction early.
7) Look carefully at attire and hairstyle, this can be a clue as to if the photo is from her '80s salad days.
8) If she's in a pic with her family, check out the other family members.  Not only will this give you a feel for her gene pool, but see how they appear to feel about each other.

Too funny...while not accurate EVERY time and I know people will groan and complain about how unfair these sound...remember this is a screening tool for trying to weed or is that 'wade' through hundreds of possible matches. And while I think some are a bit harsh...all in all...they are probably on the money.

I might also add....when a guy PUSHES YOU REALLY HARD to meet...just don't waste your time. The only guy who REALLY REALLY REALLY pushed me hard to meet not only double dipped (had two appts lined up for the same night without telling me) and he was 'years younger then his picture' and ended up talking about the last girl that went to the restroom on him and never returned.

Now there's a tempting idea! :diver:

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users