• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

The best advice I could give on this is to sit down and tell him of your concerns regarding how he acted... don't get into a fight about it, talk calmly and see what comes out...

Dejah

Edited by Dejah, 02 June 2005 - 01:43 PM.

#32 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

My personal outlook is if I can trust the woman I'm with, there's no reason for me to be jealous. If I can't trust her, I don't want her.

I couldn't agree more. If I feel the need to be jealous of someone (whether my issue or his), then that's someone I don't want to be with. I'd rather put my energy into finding someone I feel more comfortable with (or just taking care of myself) than waste it on being jealous.
"

#33 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:16 PM

Think of jealosy as a mental illness, or the indicator for a hidden mental illness. Now run. Quickly. About 1300 miles south.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#34 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

Think of jealosy as a mental illness, or the indicator for a hidden mental illness. Now run. Quickly. About 1300 miles south.

Wouldn't that put her somewhere in LA?? :diver:

#35 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:31 PM

Well, you don't say! How did that work out?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#36 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

Two words Jamie - Dirty Dog! :diver:

#37 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:41 PM

....................If I can't trust her, I don't want her...............

Amen! If you can't trust her, why even bother getting upset, angry or jealous or anything else when it's so much easier, safer and less stressful to turn and walk away.

Edited by RichardB, 02 June 2005 - 02:42 PM.

#38 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:57 PM

Shhhhhhhh! At this point that's just a rumor!

#39 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

Shhhhhhhh! At this point that's just a rumor!

:fish:
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#40 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

I think that I'll second ot thrif the advice to RUNNNNNNNNNNN

If you have a lack of trust, and it seems that you do, then it will only get worse.

Like Walter if I can't trust the person that I am with then I don't need to be with him. I won't be in any relationship where there is not trust. I have lots of buds and quite a few of them are of the male part of our population and I do do out with them..out diving, out fishing , out listening tp them whine about their girlfriends. It's a matter of trust and respect.... ]

AAAARRRRRRUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH is the way that all of us feel sometimes
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#41 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:50 PM

My thought is that jealousy is really rooted in lack of self esteem, lack of confidence, and/or controlling behaviors. Oi!

Ditto - in my experience it's usually a lack of self esteem. Just a word to the wise, in some cases, it's guilt over their own actions that causes jealousy of others. It's amazing how often I see this in my line of work.

P.S. aaaaarrrrrggggghhh - is spelled with 5 - Gs and only 3 - Hs - Just to nit pic :diver:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#42 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

P.S. aaaaarrrrrggggghhh - is spelled with 5 - Gs and only 3 - Hs - Just to nit pic :diver:

Seems it is time for you to up the dosage once again! :fish:
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#43 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

P.S. aaaaarrrrrggggghhh - is spelled with 5 - Gs and only 3 - Hs - Just to nit pic teeth.gif

It depends whether you are Southern, Northern, Western, or Eastern Pirate. Canadian Pirates, I don't know how they spell it. But I think it is probably correctly spelled.

"aaaaarrrrrggggghhh, eh". In Mexico, it's spelled "Caramba".

Your friendly diver-pirate,

(just got through reading a good pirate book, Scubahawk--Caribbee, by Thomas Hoover, think you would like it)

drdiver
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#44 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

I don't have time or room in my life for jealousy - neither mine nor anyone else's.

It's a waste of time and energy. I assume that my partner is mature enough to tell me if she'd rather be with someone else. Perhaps that's a mistaken assumption, but I figure if she didn't want to be with me, she wouldn't be, so why worry about it?

Jealousy to me is a trust issue... and the sad part is that trust isn't a tangible thing that can easily be given or taken away. Either you trust someone or you don't. Granted, the ability to trust someone can be a direct function of one's own self-confidence, and perhaps of one's conscience, but the bottom line remains: trust, or trust not. </yoda>

Good luck to you on this one.... this will be hard to resolve.

-david

Edited by David Evans, 02 June 2005 - 05:47 PM.

"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#45 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:31 PM

Just to drop my 2 bits in, is it possible that some of you are selling cmt a little short. Twice, CMT, you have mentioned that you care a great deal for this fella, and would like to pursue this further, am I right? Maybe you are being sold a little short and you are a super terrific individual that he is not confident enough, wants to stay around. If you think he is such a great guy, then let him know that. Also possibly you could reinforce your commitment to the relationship. But by no means would I suggest that this is your fault or your lack of commitment. If you are serious about the relationship, then it will either work out or it won't.(I don't know what "phase" your relationship is in). If doing that does not settle his mind and make him begin to trust and believe in you, then absolutely, run like hell, as far as possible, and don't look back. As so many others have said, there are many who CANNOT trust and I pity them. And on the other hand, there are some relationships that just don't align. I agree that jealousy is waste of energy, because short of being married, there is no good reason to tolerate it while in the building of a relationship. If it exists now and cannot be resolved it will only be magnified down the road. Trust is KEY and must be first before anything else can be founded. Definately put any further growth in this relationship on hold until you can resolve this issue.(In my humble opinion). Good luck and smile!!!

Hawkeye1251
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users