• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Older Women and Younger Men...

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#46 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

My question is...why do you prefer younger women...

Because I generally find them more challenging....generally a little more fun and adventerious.....But that is not always true....I just find the fit to be a little better and the possibility to have childern if we are both inclined.

Edited by Travelnsj, 12 January 2006 - 03:49 PM.

You must endeavor to pursue!

#47 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

I find that younger women are less bitter, less jaded and less "damaged" by past relationships. We all go through the trials and tribulations of relationships. Why let the bad memories dominate? I still find good reasons to remain friends with most of my ex's... they were good people to begin with and still are despite the fading of that spark.

Of course this holds true in the opposite as well I assume ... "older" women may find younger men the same way. "Older" men can be bitter as well.

#48 Scott

Scott

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1000+ (I have fallen into a bad habbit of only logging dives not involved with work lately.)

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

I don't think you can make a blanket statement as to if it can or can't work. It totally depends on the couple involved. While I don't think a 'Harold and Maude' relationship would work out well in the long term for obvious reasons, mortality, being the primary one...more conservative differences like 10-20 years are certainly nothing to avoid with age being the only factor. It seems to me, that there are a lot more factors in someone's personality than just how old they are.

I've only dated women younger than myself a couple of times, not because I seek out older company, but most of my friends tend to be older than I am and always have. So...I end up meeting older people! No matter if it was when I was dating a 22 year old at 15 or a 50 year old at 42 it is all the same to me... Good relationships are good and bad ones are a drag.

-Scott
A gal at a bar recently told me I was acting weird...I told her,
" I bet you would act even more weird than me if you were 5 atmospheres higher than you prefer."
She didn't get it.
Her loss.

#49 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

In the meantime…Palau, Belize, Bali/Timor, Rangiroa and a couple of other trips await me…for 2006.... :P

Ah, Rangiroa! A few years ago I met an absolutely lovely "princess" from there on a flight from the Cook Islands to Papeete. She caught my eye from across the airport terminal (not a very large one) and I was shocked when she turned out to be my seatmate on the flight. We had a fantastic time, laughing the entire flight... but, alas, along with a beautiful smile she had a BF in Papeete. More important, she had a wonderful personality and high intelligence. She alone convinced me I was going to love Tahiti (and she was right). Where are you now, Merita?

:cool2: Bill...Now I believe you either Walk the Walk or Talk the Talk, Money talks...BS walks, Just do it! Actions speak louder than words..Don't BS a BS'er...and Lastly Results are the Only Thing that Counts!!!....so now with all these beautiful women you meet and they travel thousands of miles to visit you....When my Dear friend are you ever going to consummate any of these relationships? Start another thread with details please....:twist:

I am concerned as I do not want to hear that you are hanging out at the New Toucans Chi Chi Club!.....My employees will see you head upstairs... :lmao: ...and Catalina is a Small Island!!! :lmao:

Edited by Travelnsj, 18 January 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#50 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:54 PM

Bill...Now I believe you either Walk the Walk or Talk the Talk, Money talks...BS walks, Just do it!...and lastly Results are the Only Thing that Counts!!!....so now with all these beautiful women you meet and they travel thousands of miles to visit you....When my Dear friend are you ever going to consummate any of these relationships? Start another thread with details please....:P

I am concerned as I do not want to hear that you are hanging out at the New Toucans Chi Chi Club!.....My employees will see you head upstairs... :twist: ...and Catalina is a Small Island!!! :cool2:

I guess that's why I do a lot of walking around here. I'm not "talking" the way women want me to. As a wealthy woman told me over lunch today, I may not be wealthy materially but I'm very wealthy inside. Of course if I sold my house here I could afford to retire right now!

I find it interesting that there have been a number of women who have done just that, Scott. Last year it was Xiaoyan who flew here from Tokyo to dive with me. She had talked about getting a bigger apartment in Tokyo so I could move in with her there. Although we had fun, not a "consummate" relationship (if that's proper grammer).

Jenny is flying in from Singapore tomorrow. We've never really talked about a romantic involvement and she had to come to LA for a business meeting, so I don't expect to consummate anything except a good time. But we'll see.

#51 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

We all go through the trials and tribulations of relationships. Why let the bad memories dominate?

I have run across this with several women; I usually have to get them to remember an important thing--that I'm not the guy they had the bad relationship with..I'm another person entirely!!

Platypusman

Posted Image--It's true! He really IS a nice guy!

#52 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

Bill...Now I believe you either Walk the Walk or Talk the Talk, Money talks...BS walks, Just do it!...and lastly Results are the Only Thing that Counts!!!....so now with all these beautiful women you meet and they travel thousands of miles to visit you....When my Dear friend are you ever going to consummate any of these relationships? Start another thread with details please....:P

I am concerned as I do not want to hear that you are hanging out at the New Toucans Chi Chi Club!.....My employees will see you head upstairs... :twist: ...and Catalina is a Small Island!!! :cool2:

I guess that's why I do a lot of walking around here. I'm not "talking" the way women want me to. As a wealthy woman told me over lunch today, I may not be wealthy materially but I'm very wealthy inside. Of course if I sold my house here I could afford to retire right now!

I find it interesting that there have been a number of women who have done just that, Scott. Last year it was Xiaoyan who flew here from Tokyo to dive with me. She had talked about getting a bigger apartment in Tokyo so I could move in with her there. Although we had fun, not a "consummate" relationship (if that's proper grammer).

Jenny is flying in from Singapore tomorrow. We've never really talked about a romantic involvement and she had to come to LA for a business meeting, so I don't expect to consummate anything except a good time. But we'll see.

Well Bill...all playing aside....I d think you haven't found a relationship you want to consumate ..sounds like you keep it in reserve because the relationship part of it isn't there However, many others sound like they just want to get laid.

Edited by finley, 12 January 2006 - 09:17 PM.

who's leading this parade anyway?

#53 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

Well Bill...all playing aside....I d think you haven't found a relationship you want to consumate ..sounds like you keep it in reserve because the relationship part of it isn't there However, many others sound like they just want to get laid.

My therapist told me if getting laid that was all that I wanted, I wouldn't have a problem doing just that. I just don't have the personality that can take the guilt of a large "black book".

I want a relationship at the end of the day. Anymore if that isn't happening, I am not interested in the physical part no matter what the age range (regardless what my body wants). I haven't done the "one night stand" deal, but I have had the "friends with benefits". The personal guilt of the second of relationship and the feeling that I was using the lady in question just soured me on those kind of relationships for me. For some people they work. For me they don't. Now, I just want a lady that I have a prayer of being with long term. Otherwise the emotional attachment of "getting laid" isn't worth it.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#54 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Finley,

:banghead: I disagree with your statement about “ many others sound like they just want to get laid” If any guy that gets into diving thinking they are going to get lucky…Good luck!

I have traveled the world diving and there are very few female single divers out there. The only places I have seen a lot of single women diving are in Malaysia and Palau and they are mostly Japanese and do not interact with other people on the boats.

My suggestion if any guy thinks he is going to get lucky in a sport…Get into Golf or Tennis there are a lot of single, divorced, widowed and older ladies in those sports, your odds will be much much better there. For me I would rather go diving and live vicariously through drbill’s stories and always have hope for him!….

But there may be an exception to my experience…if anyone saw the recent Cozumel SD pictures…that looked like the old Club Med days…Just kidding…I think… :teeth:

#55 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:20 AM

I've never been one who desired simply to get laid. Due to my location on Catalina I've endured long bouts of celibacy. Many women think they might want to live out here, but the reality often has them leaving after the first winter. Celibacy isn't much fun, but I'd rather be involved in a relationship that satisfies me in other ways since that makes the sexual aspects even more enjoyable. Playboy does nothing for me since I can't imagine a centerfold who would be able to talk about the philosophy of "breaking through" with me (perhaps I'm a bit harsh in that judgment) or even imagine her with a personality based on a picture. A picture of a woman I know and care for is a lot more effective even if she's a thousand miles or 20 years "away."

I wouldn't turn down a friendship with benefits (since friendship is a great relationship) as long as neither of us felt there was confusion or guilt about it.

#56 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:02 AM

I don't think you can make a blanket statement as to if it can or can't work. It totally depends on the couple involved. While I don't think a 'Harold and Maude' relationship would work out well in the long term for obvious reasons, mortality, being the primary one...more conservative differences like 10-20 years are certainly nothing to avoid with age being the only factor. It seems to me, that there are a lot more factors in someone's personality than just how old they are.

I've only dated women younger than myself a couple of times, not because I seek out older company, but most of my friends tend to be older than I am and always have. So...I end up meeting older people! No matter if it was when I was dating a 22 year old at 15 or a 50 year old at 42 it is all the same to me... Good relationships are good and bad ones are a drag.

-Scott

very true

Finley,

:banghead: I disagree with your statement about “ many others sound like they just want to get laid” If any guy that gets into diving thinking they are going to get lucky…Good luck!

I have traveled the world diving and there are very few female single divers out there. The only places I have seen a lot of single women diving are in Malaysia and Palau and they are mostly Japanese and do not interact with other people on the boats.

My suggestion if any guy thinks he is going to get lucky in a sport…Get into Golf or Tennis there are a lot of single, divorced, widowed and older ladies in those sports, your odds will be much much better there. For me I would rather go diving and live vicariously through drbill’s stories and always have hope for him!….

But there may be an exception to my experience…if anyone saw the recent Cozumel SD pictures…that looked like the old Club Med days…Just kidding…I think… :teeth:

We're mixing threads here...but I refer you to "a question for the guys" where someone ( an unamed male) stated if your on the second date your already looking for it or something as inane as that....I think most of the woman have told him that he is dating a different breed than we seem to be.

#57 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

so what about older women, maybe not the hottest on the block.... but that still live their life full on...adventure let's go...pretty well done with children and ready to go...DIVING :P

Well, technique counts for a lot, too... :cheerleader:

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#58 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:13 AM

I do think when both parties have reached a certain maturity level that age is in fact merely a *number* but both people have to realize other attributes that are more important to them and then age is immaterial.

This very reason is why I often don't even ask a girl her age until I've gotten to know her a little bit. If I can't stand her or it becomes obvious that we have little to nothing in common (either experience or goals), age is completely irrelevant.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#59 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

so what about older women, maybe not the hottest on the block.... but that still live their life full on...adventure let's go...pretty well done with children and ready to go...DIVING :D

Well, technique counts for a lot, too... :cheerleader:

Cheers!

Jim

HMMMMM want to compare techniques???? :P :lmao:

#60 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:33 PM

-Scott

:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users