• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Older Women and Younger Men...

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

We're mixing threads here...but I refer you to "a question for the guys" where someone ( an unamed male) stated if your on the second date your already looking for it or something as inane as that....I think most of the woman have told him that he is dating a different breed than we seem to be.

finley,

:thankyou: I have not read the other thread(s) you are talking about, I was just responding to the commit "many others sound like they just want to get laid". I do understand how you feel towards an individual....but it does not apply to the "many". I usually spend most of my time on the diving/trip threads. But once in a while I see a thread that looks interesting...and some of these are started by Scuba Cutie...that brings up a question...who is...

Who is Scuba Cutie? Scuba Cutie speak up....you start these threads and then disappear...interesting...are you posting a dilemma you are going through and wanting to get everyone's opinion? Thus you can justify or rationalize...what you want to do?… :teeth: ...you do start interesting topics....but chime back in….keep it up Scuba Cutie.
You must endeavor to pursue!

#62 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:33 AM

I've heard that Scuba Cutie is a sock puppet and seen nothing to prove she isn't.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#63 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

I've heard that Scuba Cutie is a sock puppet and seen nothing to prove she isn't.

:P Sock Puppet? The only people allowed to do that are.... :teeth: ......thus the reference to meeting someone younger :lol: ....I know who it is...

#64 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:33 PM

Yup, ya'll busted me!! I have shamelessly been posting under my assumed alias, ScubaCutie :P

but, seriously, I've looked at her IP address and this is person is not a sock puppet

#65 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

Yup, ya'll busted me!! I have shamelessly been posting under my assumed alias, ScubaCutie :cool2:

but, seriously, I've looked at her IP address and this is person is not a sock puppet

Kim :mauswhip: Cannot say I did not figure this out....after a 1000 or more employees, different businesses and more girlfriends than I want to count....well you can read my post #49 :lol: Busted :wakawaka:

#66 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

I think it's great that these older women can get these younger men. Finally times are changing. I don't think age difference is a big deal, especially as people get older. But when people are younger it's not a good idea. There is too much difference in what each person wants and is capable of contributing to the relationship. And of course the maturity issue, but I've dated guys 10 years older than me, and I've been the mature one. Just 2 cents from one of the youngins of the group :cool1:

Victoria

#67 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

I think it's great that these older women can get these younger men. Finally times are changing. I don't think age difference is a big deal, especially as people get older. But when people are younger it's not a good idea. There is too much difference in what each person wants and is capable of contributing to the relationship. And of course the maturity issue, but I've dated guys 10 years older than me, and I've been the mature one. Just 2 cents from one of the youngins of the group :cool1:

Victoria

Victoria... Let's see. You're about 25-26 so the guys you were dating were 35-36. As a biologist, I can tell you with some certainty (95% confidence level) that the male of the species rarely matures until they reach about 50-55. First they must pass through their mid-life crisis and come out the other side saying "What the heck was that silliness all about? Of course I don't advocate a lady of your age dating one in my range.

Just teasing ya.

#68 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:37 PM

As a biologist, I can tell you with some certainty (95% confidence level) that the male of the species rarely matures until they reach about 50-55.

So what's your excuse? :cool1:

:diver:

#69 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:08 AM

As a biologist, I can tell you with some certainty (95% confidence level) that the male of the species rarely matures until they reach about 50-55.

So what's your excuse? :thankyou:

:welcome:

Ah, my dear Caetllonn, my problem is that I think I'm still 35 (an age a number of people have guessed me at, mostly pre-school kids of course but even some older than me. Of Caetllonn's mileage may vary as she has direct evidence!).

#70 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:42 AM

...First they must pass through their mid-life crisis and come out the other side saying "What the heck was that silliness all about? ...

That's it! That's what I'm up against!

Here I am in my mid 40's wanting to date someone my own age. They're all going through some sort of male ego testosterone thing that they're calling a mid-life crisis. By the time they've come out the other side I'll have given up on them in leiu of a younger model who will insist on going through the same thing in a year or two! It's madness! :birthday:

Can't you men just bypass that stage and save us a whole lot of grief and confusion? :P

And hey...who said your life expectancy is 90 yrs anyway? You should have had that "mid-life" thing done sometime in your early to mid 30's if you're to use the statistics available today! :birthday:

Edited by Twinklez, 23 January 2006 - 10:43 AM.

#71 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:57 PM

Here I am in my mid 40's wanting to date someone my own age. They're all going through some sort of male ego testosterone thing that they're calling a mid-life crisis. By the time they've come out the other side I'll have given up on them in leiu of a younger model who will insist on going through the same thing in a year or two! It's madness! :birthday:

Can't you men just bypass that stage and save us a whole lot of grief and confusion? :P

And hey...who said your life expectancy is 90 yrs anyway? You should have had that "mid-life" thing done sometime in your early to mid 30's if you're to use the statistics available today! :birthday:

Who says we won't live to 90? My grandfather died at 95... probably because all the rest of his friends were gone already.

Tina, bad news... it is possible for males to have multiple mid-life crises. I think I had my first one at 32, second one about 43, third one about 53. Looks like a decadal thing. Go for those younger men... they haven't lived life long enough to know they need to have a mid-life crisis! Just teasing ya, Tina.

#72 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:18 PM

Bill I can't picture us finding older women who are into our kind of diving.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:20 PM

Nope my dear...not sure any of them actually dive! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#74 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

Here I am in my mid 40's wanting to date someone my own age. They're all going through some sort of male ego testosterone thing that they're calling a mid-life crisis. By the time they've come out the other side I'll have given up on them in leiu of a younger model who will insist on going through the same thing in a year or two! It's madness! :)

And hey...who said your life expectancy is 90 yrs anyway? You should have had that "mid-life" thing done sometime in your early to mid 30's if you're to use the statistics available today! :o

Who says we won't live to 90? My grandfather died at 95... probably because all the rest of his friends were gone already.

I'm not saying they can't, but statistics say otherwise... 77.4 in 2002 according to this report from the CDC. That means that on average that midlife "thang" should be hitting around 38 years old. (Probably even sooner since those states were for men and women and we all know women on the average live a little longer.)
And of course, you Bill, are always the exception! :-)

Tina, bad news... it is possible for males to have multiple mid-life crises. I think I had my first one at 32, second one about 43, third one about 53. Looks like a decadal thing. Go for those younger men... they haven't lived life long enough to know they need to have a mid-life crisis! Just teasing ya, Tina.

So we have multiple orgasms and you get stuck with multiple mid-life crises! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That's a good one!

You know...the younger ones may be easier to train..... :P

Edited by Twinklez, 23 January 2006 - 04:00 PM.

#75 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

So we have multiple orgasms and you get stuck with multiple mid-life crises! :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That's a good one!

You know...the younger ones may be easier to train..... :o

Something I'm terribly in awe at (remember the multiple orgasm thread a year or so ago). I wonder why men got so short-changed in that respect.

Nope my dear...not sure any of them actually dive! :lmao:

Ah, WW, at least you understand our pain. The good thing is that at our (LA and myself) age, most active women are younger and they are the ones we meet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users