• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Older Women and Younger Men...

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#91 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:17 AM

Does anyone REALLY care about this debate? If it fits and you like it go with it. If it becomes bothersome or tired, throw it away and get a new one.

We live in this time now in American and religious moral culture. Isn't it really - till death do us part, or till I can find a hotter younger piece. Isn't this a grand time in history to be alive? Disposeable people and Disposeable lives. So why at all should age even filter into the picture - who cares ?

Have a great day. I'm going for coffee.

This is brought to you by the letter B, and the number 7.

#92 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

Does anyone REALLY care about this debate? If it fits and you like it go with it. If it becomes bothersome or tired, throw it away and get a new one.

We live in this time now in American and religious moral culture. Isn't it really - till death do us part, or till I can find a hotter younger piece. Isn't this a grand time in history to be alive? Disposeable people and Disposeable lives. So why at all should age even filter into the picture - who cares ?

Have a great day. I'm going for coffee.

This is brought to you by the letter B, and the number 7.

Steve is right...we do live in a disposable society with very disposable mentalities. Perhaps age for that reason alone should not matter...or perhaps matter less and you should focus on the person and not the number.

However at times the number does matter...but I'm finding that for many...perhaps divers more so than the general population, seem to be focused on WHAT WORKS and not what is supposed to be.

And we all know what is supposed to be...but perhaps this new reality will force us to choose based upon better principals and not just pre-established guidelines....

Great question!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#93 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:52 AM

Not me. The age thing really doesn't matter to me as long as they are not young enough to be my kid. Don't think I could go there. As I have gotten older, my +/- X number of years standard has significantly widened. And there really are some good biological reasons for women to like younger men!
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#94 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

Disposable people, disposable society? Hmmm, some may live there but I'm in another world (as many have said!). People who enter my life, whether as friends or as lovers, rarely leave it unless they absolutely want to. Thanks to the great communication options today, I remain friends with folks I have not even seen face-to-face in years.

I think this touches on what I said in the "quality vs convenience" thread. I look for the best I can find and keep it as a part of my life as long as possible.

Although there have been exceptions, the women I have chosen to be with have been quality people and I keep in touch with almost all of them (dating back even to my high school sweetheart... and that is truly ancient history).

#95 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:54 AM

Well speaking from the younger(29 yrs old) male perspective, I prefer older women. Since I was raised by my grandparents, my values and morals are from an older generation. I tend to see more eye to eye with women in their late 30's or 40's. As far as the physical needs, well I can't complain about that either.

#96 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

Well speaking from the younger(29 yrs old) male perspective, I prefer older women. Since I was raised by my grandparents, my values and morals are from an older generation. I tend to see more eye to eye with women in their late 30's or 40's. As far as the physical needs, well I can't complain about that either.

WOO HOO>>.you are invited to the Houston HH :diver:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#97 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:18 PM

:diver: :twist:

#98 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

Oh lord...the last guy your age on one of our big trips complained that all the women were too old...they were all in the mid to late 30's and 40's....guess we'll be seeing YOU on a trip soon! :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#99 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

:diver: Well I will see what I can do on that. I am currently saving for my Palau trip. I do want to make at least one trip this year if at all possible.

Just one of my reasons for my view on this is because typically, older women are done with the games, done with bar, and ready for a real life with someone with out all the drama. However, as my luck would have it, I keep finding the non typical ones that still want the bar or the added drama.

#100 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

Oh lord...the last guy your age on one of our big trips complained that all the women were too old...they were all in the mid to late 30's and 40's....guess we'll be seeing YOU on a trip soon! :banghead:

Sounds like he'd fit right in most of our trips huh?
"

#101 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

Yes Ma'am, I do believe I would fit right in. If you put me on a boat with women in that age group, you will have me firing on all cylinders. :wakawaka:

#102 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

I didn't really start getting involved with guys untl my late 20's (abuse issues 'nuff said!)

My first real boyfriend was 9 years younger. (me 30 him 21). In retrospect, all but 2 of my boyfreinds have been 7 to 11 years younger. I don't plan it, it just works out that way. I am almost certain that whoever I marry will be at least 5-10 years younger.

Now that I'm getting older, I naturally appreciate that society has become accepting of the older woman/younger man relationship. A few decades ago, a single woman my age would be doomed to spinsterly frustration. But these days I am having the time of my life as far as dating goes. I am currently seeing someone ~15 years younger, and we have a great time together.

But then Houston has always been a great town for single people. :D
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#103 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

Yes Ma'am, I do believe I would fit right in. If you put me on a boat with women in that age group, you will have me firing on all cylinders. :D

Ever come to Houston??? (grin grin wink wink nudge nudge saynomore??!!)
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#104 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

Well, Thus far I have had "requests" per say to come to Houston, so I will have to make a road trip down there to hang out a time or two. :D

#105 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:45 AM

:D When I was 25 I always liked older women 30 to 35....now that I am 50...I still do :diver:
You must endeavor to pursue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users