• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: WHALESHARKS!!! Yes...we WILL see them in Holbox!!! Then off to Cozy!

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#76 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

Divegirl and others, speaking of packing, some divers don't carry them anymore but you will need the snorkel for Holbox! :D :flirt:
And while you have the snorkel in hand put a wrap of solas (reflective) tape around the top, it makes you easier to spot on night dives not that we will be doing any of those in Holbox.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#77 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:01 AM

And while you have the snorkel in hand put a wrap of solas (reflective) tape around the top, it makes you easier to spot on night dives not that we will be doing any of those in Holbox.

Night diving? Night Snorkeling?

When will we have time for tequila tasting?
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#78 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

Night diving? Night Snorkeling?

When will we have time for tequila tasting?

isn't that what the surface interval is for??? :flirt:

#79 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

We can get Paton in the U.S., we go to Mexico to dive! :D :birthday: :birthday: :flirt:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#80 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:10 AM

We can get Paton in the U.S., we go to Mexico to dive! :D :birthday: :birthday: :flirt:

I thought the T-shirt said -

"Cozumel - a drinking town with a diving problem"
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#81 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:16 AM

The only T-shirt I got in Cozumel is the one that says; "SingleDivers.com"

Signed and Dated

#82 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:05 PM

Ray, thanks for the reminder and tip.

Divegirl and others, speaking of packing, some divers don't carry them anymore but you will need the snorkel for Holbox! :D :P

#83 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:57 AM

Kamala, I am definitely leaning towards skipping class on Monday to make the trip. Scott also tells me that leaving Sunday would be very difficult and quite expensive. I would just try to fly Cancun to Maui or come back home to San Diego, pick up change of luggage (and dive gear) :P and then head for Maui. I am planning for my usual in Holbox, a single room :) , so count me in for one of those.

Starting to get excited!! Oh the planning this will take.

Scott, thanks for the added info. I agree this is a must do! Emailed you back. Will let you know how plans progress.

Rosa

Hey girl...pm sent with the add'l charge for an early return. I hope you can join us and return with the group! Let me know...and yes I have a single room for you! :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#84 CrackerJackScuba

CrackerJackScuba

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:29 AM

Is anyone just doing the Cozumel portion of this trip?

#85 Scubastorey

Scubastorey

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:19 AM

Hi,

This is my 1st time post,,, so I hope I'm doing it right. Please add my name to the list for both trips. This sounds like a great trip and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends.

:usflag: :cool1: :teeth: :P

#86 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:27 AM

Greetings Scubastorey,

:usflag: to SD! Hope you can make the trip! In the meantime, you may want to check out a HAPPY HOUR in the DFW area. It's a great way to meet other SDers!

#87 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

Hey Trudy...great talking to you on the phone and hopefully you can make the Friday or Saturday HH since you have to be in Austin one of those days!

We'll get you on the list and I look forward to meeting you this weekend! We have several new members joining us this weekend...it will be great! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#88 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hey Trudy...great talking to you on the phone and hopefully you can make the Friday or Saturday HH since you have to be in Austin one of those days!

We'll get you on the list and I look forward to meeting you this weekend! We have several new members joining us this weekend...it will be great! -ww

Scubastory - sounds like the trip is going to be great - a new adventure with whale sharks (seen one almost 30 years ago)

WW - if you're going to be at HH, I'll have SWWBO* bring the checkbook, and get our early-bird(s) discount.

* SWWBO = She Who Will Be Obeyed, aka tj aka Mark's boss
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

Yep I'll be there and yep you'll need your checkbook! Great!!! -ww

formerly...

#90 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

Kamala, logistics question... what IS the weight limit (if any) for Holbox. Will the ferries restrict us? Or is it the normal airlines "2 checked bags, 50 lbs each"? I will probably have to stash my Maui luggage in my car at LAX and swap out since I will have different requirements in Holbox. Final flight research tonight. I should know in a few minutes if I can make it..... :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users