• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How do you know if someone is interested in you?

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#211 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cert Level:Master
  • Logged Dives:1040

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

I think today maybe its the age, I'm 50 now, no longer have any interest in dating the 20 year olds. Does that mean the ML crisis is over?

:wakawaka: :-D There's an end to the ML crisis.... [Breathes SIGH of relief...this is VERY GOOD news INDEED! LOL!!] :wakawaka:

Heidi,
I dont want to jinxs it by saying so, but I'm thinking maybe, and your right it is VERY GOOD NEWS, INDEED! It has been a long difficult run for me, and those around me. I hoping to go back to who I use to be. Ohh, but I have to ask, how do you, at your young age even know what a ML crisis is? :) It made me smile that someone in their early 30s responded,,,,,,,,,,THANKS T

Edited by TRINITY, 24 March 2009 - 04:27 PM.

#212 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

I think today maybe its the age, I'm 50 now, no longer have any interest in dating the 20 year olds. Does that mean the ML crisis is over?

:-D :D There's an end to the ML crisis.... [Breathes SIGH of relief...this is VERY GOOD news INDEED! LOL!!] :P

Heidi,
I dont want to jinxs it by saying so, but I'm thinking maybe, and your right it is VERY GOOD NEWS, INDEED! It has been a long difficult run for me, and those around me. I hoping to go back to who I use to be. Ohh, but I have to ask, how do you, at your young age even know what a ML crisis is? :wakawaka: It made me smile that someone in their early 30s responded,,,,,,,,,,THANKS T

LOL!! Don't let my profile fool you!!! I'm not telling my REAL age....but just a little CLUE...my REAL B-DAY---Ain't what my profile says it is... :wakawaka: :P (But thanks for BELIEVING it ...even if only for a short time!! :) )

#213 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

LOL!! Don't let my profile fool you!!! I'm not telling my REAL age....but just a little CLUE...my REAL B-DAY---Ain't what my profile says it is... :wakawaka: :wakawaka: (But thanks for BELIEVING it ...even if only for a short time!! :) )

Ha! She is a youngin!!! And I know cuz I HAVE seen her real age! LOL!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#214 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

I am NOT surprised that people on this site have opened up and especially some of the amazing women I've been priviledged to meet both on and off the site. :)

We ALL share a common passion...we love to dive. And diving is a metaphor for more than just scuba...its diving into life, fun, the water and yes...relationships.

Some just 'take the plunge' and well sometimes the water is not what you expected. Some 'tip toe' in and take it very slow and easy. But all of us eventually get 'WET' and we eventually have a great time no matter which 'plunge' we've taken.

And while NOT a dating site and lord knows SD.com is NOT a dating site...when people DO connect here...its a very strong connection and those connections have resulted in at least 4 marriages and I think 5 in the 5 years we've been in existance. Oh yes....and the first SD.com baby is on the way.... :wakawaka:

So I am rewarded beyond blessings when I know that people benefit from this community and I'm rewarded beyond blessings at the people who participate and make it so!

Thank you all for sharing...
Thank you all for caring...
Thank you all for daring...
And Thank you all for being yourselves which is the BEST part of SingleDivers.com!!! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#215 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

:P :D There's an end to the ML crisis.... [Breathes SIGH of relief...this is VERY GOOD news INDEED! LOL!!] :P

Heidi,
I dont want to jinxs it by saying so, but I'm thinking maybe, and your right it is VERY GOOD NEWS, INDEED! It has been a long difficult run for me, and those around me. I hoping to go back to who I use to be. Ohh, but I have to ask, how do you, at your young age even know what a ML crisis is? :-D It made me smile that someone in their early 30s responded,,,,,,,,,,THANKS T

LOL!! Don't let my profile fool you!!! I'm not telling my REAL age....but just a little CLUE...my REAL B-DAY---Ain't what my profile says it is... :wakawaka: :D (But thanks for BELIEVING it ...even if only for a short time!! :) )

YOU LYING WENCH!!!!!! you had me totally fooled, its ok though, I've been lied to, by women before. :wakawaka: I think it helps even up the score for some of the lies I told during my ML crisis, but that was before the miracle happened. So now are you going to come clean and tell the SD world how old you actually are, I mean after all if I thought you were 32, pretty much ANY age will fly, well older then 33, that is. I'm 50, get out of bed feeling,,,,,,,,58-90 depending on the day and night before, then slowly get younger as the day wears on, ( a DELIGHTFUL thing to happen, thats part of the miracle I eluded to earlier) to sometimes feel like I'm in my early 20s, as the sun goes down, WHOAA!!!!! what did I say about not having any interest in the 20 year olds. OK I feel like I'm in my early 20s but only date cougars, and a cougar (for a early 20s guy) is any woman over say,,,,,,30. Now before I get "typed to death" for that last sentence, I want to say that my evil (Gemini) twin Terry sometimes grabs the keyboard, from me TRINITY, so if he gets me booted from SD, I will have an excuse, not that I havent been close to being booted on my own. You got me thinking though Heidi, if you lied about your age, how much diving experiece, do you have? I mean are you a shark with a paper c-card? or a guppy with a paper c-card? Thanks gal you did make me laugh, on this rainy MN evening,,,,,TRINITY

#216 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

Well, I'm sure glad to hear that ML is 50. I find that moves upward as we do. LOL But, as I heard a wise person once say, I may have to grow old but I don't have to grow up. I kind of keep that as my main motto.

WW, thank you so much for having a wonderful site where we can all flourish and bloom as much as we are able to.

Dave

#217 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

So Trinity, what's the miracle that happened??? Do tell. :)
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#218 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

as I heard a wise person once say, I may have to grow old but I don't have to grow up.

Can I tweak that just a bit, and say I may have to grow older, but I don't have to get old!!!??
:) For the always-young-at-heart-and-in-attitude crowd....
Posted Image

#219 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

You can tweak it to your hearts content. I like your version too. Your are only really as old as you want to be. Years count for nothing. As you say, it's attitude!

Dave

#220 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

LOL!! Don't let my profile fool you!!! I'm not telling my REAL age....but just a little CLUE...my REAL B-DAY---Ain't what my profile says it is... :wakawaka: :P (But thanks for BELIEVING it ...even if only for a short time!! :) )

Ha! She is a youngin!!! And I know cuz I HAVE seen her real age! LOL!!!

Careful Wenchie... I know YOUR age.... :P :P

:o :D There's an end to the ML crisis.... [Breathes SIGH of relief...this is VERY GOOD news INDEED! LOL!!] :P

Heidi,
I dont want to jinxs it by saying so, but I'm thinking maybe, and your right it is VERY GOOD NEWS, INDEED! It has been a long difficult run for me, and those around me. I hoping to go back to who I use to be. Ohh, but I have to ask, how do you, at your young age even know what a ML crisis is? :-D It made me smile that someone in their early 30s responded,,,,,,,,,,THANKS T

LOL!! Don't let my profile fool you!!! I'm not telling my REAL age....but just a little CLUE...my REAL B-DAY---Ain't what my profile says it is... :teeth: :P (But thanks for BELIEVING it ...even if only for a short time!! :evilgrin: )

YOU LYING WENCH!!!!!! you had me totally fooled, its ok though, I've been lied to, by women before. :lmao: I think it helps even up the score for some of the lies I told during my ML crisis, but that was before the miracle happened. So now are you going to come clean and tell the SD world how old you actually are, I mean after all if I thought you were 32, pretty much ANY age will fly, well older then 33, that is. I'm 50, get out of bed feeling,,,,,,,,58-90 depending on the day and night before, then slowly get younger as the day wears on, ( a DELIGHTFUL thing to happen, thats part of the miracle I eluded to earlier) to sometimes feel like I'm in my early 20s, as the sun goes down, WHOAA!!!!! what did I say about not having any interest in the 20 year olds. OK I feel like I'm in my early 20s but only date cougars, and a cougar (for a early 20s guy) is any woman over say,,,,,,30. Now before I get "typed to death" for that last sentence, I want to say that my evil (Gemini) twin Terry sometimes grabs the keyboard, from me TRINITY, so if he gets me booted from SD, I will have an excuse, not that I havent been close to being booted on my own. You got me thinking though Heidi, if you lied about your age, how much diving experiece, do you have? I mean are you a shark with a paper c-card? or a guppy with a paper c-card? Thanks gal you did make me laugh, on this rainy MN evening,,,,,TRINITY

LYING??...Nah...it's called selective Misinformation...now as to diving experience, you'll just have to come dive with me sometime and see :teeth: ! Glad to make you laugh on your rainy MN eve...send some rain our way, we're in a drought !!

Hmm, now I know a woman never tells her age...but I wonder if there could be some sort of game in this... guessing how old I really am?? Nah, I'll NEVER tell! :P

#221 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

So Trinity, what's the miracle that happened??? Do tell. :evilgrin:

Oh, I so second that motion!!!

Spill it, Trinity! What's the miracle that happened???

Don't make me appeal to your evil twin for an answer!!! :)

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#222 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

So Trinity, what's the miracle that happened??? Do tell. :wakawaka:

I'm afraid to tell you Deb because nothing normal ever seems to happen to me,,,,,,,, but here goes, now dont laugh,,,,,,,,

It was up on the second highest point in Iowa, Pilot Knob something, (near Mason City) a couple weeks back, a funky rock structure that looks like a silo, ) I laughed when I first saw it, thinking , "how original of these Iowan's" built as part of the WPA/CCC program back in the thirties. I was with a friend taking pics of a electrical storm, north towards MN with my new camera I use for diving, (a Nikon D300) on a tripod, set with a shudder speed of 10 min. that way you get the large number of lighting bolts in a single frame. We were enjoying a bottle of wine as we waited out the shutter, that way in case the pics didnt work out it wasnt a wasted trip, or well, maybe it was, a wasted trip :evilgrin: The storm was moving our way and thought we'd probably fold it up, before we got soaked, as soon as the shudder clicked. Then it happened, the biggest, brightest, bang, of a bolt right above us, seemingly right above us, as soon as we realized we were, still alive, we RAN! The wierd thing about it is a few years back I blew up a $300, 000 worth of electrical equipment in a power plant, the main blast was 4' to the right of me and 4' above me, ( Excel , 'Northern States Power', said I was lucky to still be alive) these blasts produce a INTENSELY strong magnetic field, strong enough to snap grade 5 bolts. Its felt these super strong magnetic fields have the ability to alter your personality, much like electro-convulsive shock therapy, without actually enduring the shock itself. I had often felt my personality was different after that incident, more agressive, higher strung, not as happy overall, nor as content. After we got back to my truck and it had started to pour, we laughed about how "close that was" and decided we wouldn't do it again, least not for awhile, but ever since then my old personality seems to be back, (thats why I said to Heidi, "I didn't want to jinx it")
Some other things I'd thought, maybe it takes a life threatening experience to pull you from a ML crisis, evil Terry thinks, its a life threatening experience thats puts you "into" a ML crisis. Maybe it was nothing, just doing something (looking back) that was pretty stupid, maybe it was a miracle, miracle we survived. I'm going to keep looking at it as a miracle, least for the way I feel. The part about growing younger throughout the day is no doubt a different attitude, then me having found some electrical fountain of youth, especially in northern Iowa :) TRINITY

#223 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

Wow Trinity!! Interesting story.....sounds like you need to stay out of lightning storms and away from power lines too!!! Maybe "you" are the one with the magnetic field!! :)

How did the pictures turn out???
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#224 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

So Trinity, what's the miracle that happened??? Do tell. :wakawaka:

I'm afraid to tell you Deb because nothing normal ever seems to happen to me,,,,,,,, but here goes, now dont laugh,,,,,,,,

It was up on the second highest point in Iowa, Pilot Knob something, (near Mason City) a couple weeks back, a funky rock structure that looks like a silo, ) I laughed when I first saw it, thinking , "how original of these Iowan's" built as part of the WPA/CCC program back in the thirties. I was with a friend taking pics of a electrical storm, north towards MN with my new camera I use for diving, (a Nikon D300) on a tripod, set with a shudder speed of 10 min. that way you get the large number of lighting bolts in a single frame. We were enjoying a bottle of wine as we waited out the shutter, that way in case the pics didnt work out it wasnt a wasted trip, or well, maybe it was, a wasted trip :evilgrin: The storm was moving our way and thought we'd probably fold it up, before we got soaked, as soon as the shudder clicked. Then it happened, the biggest, brightest, bang, of a bolt right above us, seemingly right above us, as soon as we realized we were, still alive, we RAN! The wierd thing about it is a few years back I blew up a $300, 000 worth of electrical equipment in a power plant, the main blast was 4' to the right of me and 4' above me, ( Excel , 'Northern States Power', said I was lucky to still be alive) these blasts produce a INTENSELY strong magnetic field, strong enough to snap grade 5 bolts. Its felt these super strong magnetic fields have the ability to alter your personality, much like electro-convulsive shock therapy, without actually enduring the shock itself. I had often felt my personality was different after that incident, more agressive, higher strung, not as happy overall, nor as content. After we got back to my truck and it had started to pour, we laughed about how "close that was" and decided we wouldn't do it again, least not for awhile, but ever since then my old personality seems to be back, (thats why I said to Heidi, "I didn't want to jinx it")
Some other things I'd thought, maybe it takes a life threatening experience to pull you from a ML crisis, evil Terry thinks, its a life threatening experience thats puts you "into" a ML crisis. Maybe it was nothing, just doing something (looking back) that was pretty stupid, maybe it was a miracle, miracle we survived. I'm going to keep looking at it as a miracle, least for the way I feel. The part about growing younger throughout the day is no doubt a different attitude, then me having found some electrical fountain of youth, especially in northern Iowa :) TRINITY

First, I would never laugh at something you took seriously. Second, wow. Have you ever thought maybe someone was trying to get your attention? And it truly is a miracle that you are still here? Because maybe there's a reason you're still here. Something to think about. Maybe it's MY age (and I don't mind saying I'm 46), but I look at everything differently the older I get. I think I'm constantly searching for the reasons I am here, what's my purpose, what am I supposed to learn from a given situation, how can I make an impact today. OK, so maybe I think too much, but . . . I would think that event would be cause for a bit of reflection. :P I would say there's definitely a reason you're still around.
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#225 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

Holy Moses, Trinity!

Well, that must have been enlightening! That accounts for your shocking rollerblading adventure!

:)

A little more seriously, you're very fortunate and blessed to be alive. Not once, but twice. Interesting that your personality went through a profound change from the first incident, but that all was put to right by the second. Trinity, it seems you lead a charmed life! Treasure it!

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users